061 | where the time went

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

'𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭' ═══════╝

 ━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...AHCH-TO, UNKNOWN REGIONS

𝐀𝐇𝐂𝐇-𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 as Rey promised it would be.

An archipelago of gray and green rose up above the waters. The clouds were low and covered with the peach-pink tinge of the slowly setting binary suns. Large, scale-covered birds swooped close to her cockpit as she flew in closer, almost like they were trying to goad her ship into a race. The rolling waves of a flat ocean held a host of unseen creatures that kept reading as unidentifiable lifeforms on her scanners as each one breached.

Lyra had reached her destination.

The uncertainty ahead of her was the only thing that had kept her hands on the controls of the battered X-Wing. If she had known how this encounter might end, she might not have come. Everything was so delicate. The First Order would recover from their shock, and then the war would resume.

And Lyra Jai would be somewhere else, trying to pull a legend back from the dust.

As soon as she had flown out of Yavin IV's atmosphere, the timeline of her life shifted. It canted to one side, disconnecting her from everyone she knew. Running away was not something foreign to her; she had just assumed she would never have to do it again.

Salty air whipped at Lyra's cheeks as soon as she pulled her helmet off. The rocks at her feet were wet with the sea spray, and a couple of curious porgs had already hopped up on the nose of her ship. They regarded it with innocent curiosity.

Lyra turned to survey the scenery. There was a flight of hundreds of stairs that would take her up towards the tiny huts. She hadn't expected him to just be waiting for her, but then, she also didn't think she was going to have to look for him.

She squinted against the suns. For so long, too long, she had been lost and without true direction. Shipped off to war and drifting between moons, flying ships without ever really touching the ground. Now she had roots, she had a family, she had a last name. And a very long staircase to climb, apparently.

When she made it to the top, Luke Skywalker was standing in front of her like he had never even left.

"Lyra Jai."