076 | home by now

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

'𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐰' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

. . . RESISTANCE BASE, AJAN KLOSS

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄 reminded Luke of Dagobah.

Ajan Kloss had been scouted years ago by a group of Aldeeranians, and the results of the expedition never quite reached the hands of the Imperial Senate. Leia was intent on keeping that way; she had kept the card close to her chest for years. It had been Luke's idea but Leia's ultimate decision that had brought them to where they were now. Old training grounds, a planet ripe with both plants and the influence of the Force.

And now, the whole planet seemed to shake with the landing of the Falcon.

Everyone outside stared. It had become a ritual each time it returned. Too many emotions attached to the ship to do anything but stop and stare. Just like it had been in the old Rebellion, it was a beacon of decrepit hope.

Han would have loved to see it.

"You expecting someone, Luke?" Lando asked from where he sat on a crate. There was an easy grin on his face, one usually reserved for gambling bets.

Mione leaned forward, pushing the holo pad in front of her to the side. The three of them had been sitting outside at her makeshift office going over repair orders and deciding how many pilots to send off-world for provisions. "We can continue this conversation later tonight. Go."

Luke raised an eyebrow. Mione was adamant that they get supplies before Wedge returned with more pilots. "Are you sure?"

Mione looked ready to hit him over the head. "Luke Skywalker, go see your daughter. Before the entire base beats you to it."

The whispers had already started, all originating from the general direction of the parked Falcon. Through the gap in the trees, Luke could see Poe Dameron standing and gesticulating with a technician, Chewie not far behind. For the first few months, Luke had called Poe the Dameron kid until Leia told him to knock it off. But that was how he saw him. Shara and Kes's son, a brilliant pilot that still had that streak of trouble.

And maybe Luke was painting everything with his own emotions, but he could sense the Commander's relief.

His eyes adjusted as he stepped into the cave, layers of darkness brought into sharp focus. Leia was facing him, and when she saw him coming, she put a hand on Lyra's shoulder to turn her around.