005 | the loser's gamble

╔═══════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

'𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞' ════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...MEGALOX BETA

𝐌𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐗 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐓 Lyra had ever seen.

It was no better a bug's eyeball, yellow and murky. The warden's small station at the top was the only blemish on the surface, and also the only way into the planet's center.

"Yes, I know," Lyra said to Elgie as she hopped out. The droid shared her opinions as she chirped about the atmosphere of the place. They were docked in a hangar labeled Quadrant F, barely large enough for their six ships. Below her feet in the prison, she could feel the restlessness radiating upwards. Chaos, murder, and darkness.

Elgie chirped again, telling Lyra that she would rather stay with the ship.

Lyra turned to look at where the Black Squadron was gathering in front of their ships. Poe seemed to be saying something to all of them, but from where Lyra was, she couldn't hear any of it. "Captain Teron gave you the data. I need you to get into the computer, I'll see what I can do down below. You'll have to get past the Warden. Feel free to get creative."

Elgie swiveled her green-striped head around with a beep of grim excitement. Roger that.

They all walked down a short hallway that led to a control room. The Twi'lek was waiting for them, sitting casually at one of the holo desks in the center of the room. Limited threat, armed but not bold enough to assume anything conspicuous about a droid.

A target so perfect, Lyra wanted to laugh.

"Welcome," the Twi'lek greeted them with a sickening drawl. Her smile showed a mouth of yellow teeth, which were offset by the green of her skin. "I'm Warden Luta. It's so nice to finally meet you. We don't receive very many visitors."

"Pleasure's mine," Poe answered, lying through his teeth. His hand drifted to where his blaster was holstered. "We're ready to head down if you are."

Luta laughed. A harsh, shrieking sound that was probably heard planets away. "Oh no. I won't be accompanying you. But rest assured, you'll be well taken care of. My guards are waiting at the bottom of the lift." She gestured to the industrial-sized maintenance elevator to her left.