024 | crazy/stupid

╔══════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

'𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲/𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝'════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 after their return was as somber as a tomb. It was a funeral, and they were all unwitting attendants to the death of hope as they knew it.

The Black Squadron and the Phoenix Squadron were all gathered in a private meeting space; the only people who knew the full extent of what the last few months had been like. Aliyah was barely able to walk, but she insisted on being there with the rest of them.

"We have coordinates used by Luke Skywalker recovered from the Kaadara temple," Lyra was explaining. "To what capacity or for what purpose he used them, we still don't know. But there's a chance Tekka utilized them in his search for the map that would lead to Luke."

"There is nothing concrete in the recovered papers that can be used to find Tekka," Leia said. Leia had said hardly anything thus far. Her hands were clasped in front of her, face betraying nothing.  

"No, not yet," Lyra said desperately. She took her seat again and let Leia stand. "But with a little time–"

"We have no time left, Commander Endellion," Leia said harshly. Lyra straightened, and even Poe flinched at her tone. "This was the final chance. I cannot grant any more clearances than I already have. A line has to be drawn somewhere."

"Understood, General," Lyra said. Her voice was sharp as a knife.

"The mission to find Lor San Tekka is dissolved and over," Leia said, and Poe could hear the heartbreak. The inherent loss of admitting defeat. "I don't want to hear another whisper about it, we need to keep moving forward and accept what cards we've been dealt."

The echoic screech of Lyra's metal chair scooting back replaced the sound of Leia's voice. Every head turned as Lyra stood up and walked out of the room.

"Commander Endellion–?" Leia began to say.

But there was nothing to answer her save for the sound of retreating footsteps.

Karé mouthed to Poe, go get her. But he just shook his head.

Poe wanted to follow her. To make some statement that would be worthy of this grief, but there was nothing left in him. Until the very last piece had been pulled out from beneath his feet, he had held onto the hope that this had all been worth it. L'ulo had been killed in pursuit of this map and Oddy Muva was lost to the hands of the First Order. Hell, Lyra had almost been killed by Malarus and was in a downward spiral coming to terms with the past. And that was only the culmination. Behind it was all the years of fighting, losing friends, trying to lead a dying flame.