071 | dead wrong

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

'𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

 . . . AJAN KLOSS, CADEMIMU SECTOR

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒, 𝐑𝐄𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐑 to observe the comings and goings of the base from her little alcove.

Finn often sat with her, trying to read some of the Jedi texts and largely becoming distracted and then also distracting Rey until they dissolved into conversation. It was amazing to think that a year and a half ago, they had no idea who the other person was.

He had become more and more curious about the Force. It started with asking Master Skywalker offhanded questions and pretending he wasn't interested. With time, though, Finn started joining Rey on the training course, meditating, and largely becoming more entwined with the Living Force as each day passed. At this point, he was chasing his own path towards becoming a Jedi. And then there was Jacen Syndulla, who swore he had inherited his father's abilities. Rey believed him in the skeptical way that she had always believed in people.

There was part of her that knew Poe was right. She should be out there, doing her due part to help the Resistance on the outside. It was safe on Ajan Kloss tucked away from the rest of the galaxy. The hole that Lyra had left in the Resistance had finally healed over like an old scar; Rey was at peace with these people.

And watching them never got old.

The main intel transfer center was stationed just inside the cave. It was a round holo desk with a large retractable lamp hanging above, and it was where Poe spent most of the time he wasn't up in the air. He had become restless, and Rey and Finn often speculated whether or not he actually slept.

Currently, Poe stood looking over Leia's shoulder as they waited for the information to decode. Artoo was plugged into the computer, lights flashing and beeping with steady urgency. Connix hovered nearby with Rose, heads bent together in discussion.

"You know," Leia said wryly, regarding him with the same slight exasperation she usually did. "If you keep breathing over my shoulder, it might actually make the machine run slower, Commander."

Poe took a step back. "Sorry, General."

Jacen Syndulla sat on a crate nearby with his green-haired head between his knees, looking distressed.