003 | all's fair in love and war

╔════════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

'𝐚𝐥𝐥'𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 & 𝐰𝐚𝐫' ════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

"𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐎 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓!"

Across from Lyra in the mess hall, Jessika Pava was gesturing enthusiastically about the news. Her long, dark hair dragged in her food but she was too excited to notice. Now that Lyra was a part of the mission, Jess had no qualms to keep her from telling the secrets of the mission she had been forced to keep to herself for weeks at the orders of General Organa. Every new detail just made Lyra's stomach twist into a tighter knot.

After everything she had done, there was something deeply humanizing in knowing she still had one fear. Unfortunate that it was a man as skewed and horrible as Terex.

"I'm glad you think so, Jess," Lyra nodded. It was half-hearted, but it was enough to make Jess keep smiling. "Because I certainly don't.  I've spent so much time covering Dameron's ass around base, and now I have to turn around and be apart of his mission?  It's almost insulting."

Jess rolled her eyes and jabbed a fork into her root vegetables. "It's not gonna be half as bad as you think. Did you tell Reeve you were reassigned?"

"No, I haven't seen her since yesterday," Lyra answered, taking a bite of the food in front of her. Supposedly, it was some kind of meat, but it was more of a soupy mush. "And I feel like reassigned is a strong word.  This is temporary."

Jess ignored the second half of her commentary. "Oddy's keeping her busy with repair orders. I haven't seen her since I woke up."

As if she had heard her name, Reeve Tailor stalked into the mess hall with purpose. Her black hair was pulled away in a ponytail, two loose curls hanging in front of her face.

"Jessika Pava," Reeve began, plopping down in the seat next to Lyra. She put her forearms on the table and leaned toward Jess. "You forgot to clean out the caf machine again!"

Jess's brown eyes went wide. "Whoops."

"I tried to make tea this morning and I got a mouthful of coffee grounds," Reeve's lips twitched like the bitter taste still remained. "I'll dump them on your pillow if you forget to clean it out again."

"Hold on," Lyra said, holding out a palm to interrupt the argument. "You guys have a caf machine in your room?"

"You don't?" Jess asked.