077 | the world we knew

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

'𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

. . . RESISTANCE BASE, AJAN KLOSS

𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 last week in the shadows.

It was what she had always done. She knew how to blend in, to act the part on the sidelines until she felt good and ready to join the fray. Coming home should have been the easier thing, but so far, it was proving to be the hardest task. She didn't miss the strange looks she received every time she took on another odd job, tasks that were similar to the ones she used to do on D'Qar when she wasn't active on a mission. Everyone was expecting her to take up the mantle of Skywalker but for the last week, she was trying to fade into the ranks like she used to when she was fourteen.

One person that was glad for her behavior was Connix. Although the Resistance had recruited a ridiculous number of pilots, ground crew, and mechanics, the command room was a different story. With so many ranked positions left vacant, Connix's sensor ops duties covered a large chunk of their strategic responsibilities.

Connix had been running back and forth all morning fielding transmissions, and as soon as Lyra offered to take inventory for her, the Lieutenant practically shoved a datapad in Lyra's hands, singing her praises. The dented crates were stacked neatly, fresh in from their recent supply drop.

Poe had been busy all morning, but now in the early afternoon he was acting as her shadow. It was unspoken, the way they still sought each other out. He leaned against one of the crates and squinted at the activity inside the cavern. Lyra heard the familiar whine of Chopper's binary, and then Elgie's streaking by soon after.

"Where's Bee?" Lyra asked, not looking up from the data pad.

Poe straightened, and in her periphery she saw him frown. "You know, I haven't seen him all day." There was a loud crash and more binary. "Should I be worried?"

Lyra shook her head. The lightsaber clipped to her thigh made a metallic tap as she bumped into the side of a crate. She had half a mind to find the ocean near base that everyone talked about just to chuck the saber in and watch it sink. "I wouldn't worry about it."

"Since when am I the one that worries about anything?"

"Since you became the responsible one of the two of us in some miraculous twist of fate."