020 | non believer

╔═════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

'𝐧𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫' ═══════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...CORE WORLD AIRSPACE

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 roared across star-encrusted skies as it flew on towards Hosnian Prime. Largely, the Ninka was all hushed whispers and stale silence. No one was too thrilled at the prospect of being blatantly and outwardly ignored by the Senate for what might be the fourth time in a row. But Lyra knew there was a chance that this might be the very thing that finally changed their minds and made them take their cautions seriously.

As the positive thought crossed her mind, Lyra realized she had been spending too much time with Poe.

"I haven't been to Hosnian Prime since I was back home. I've never actually seen the Senate in session," Eden was saying as she stared out each window they walked past. Her eyes were hungry, looking around the Ninka like she had never seen the inside of a ship. Born on Cardota, one of the five planets in the Hosnian system, this was a little like going home for her.

"It sucks," Connix said bluntly. "I've been too many times, and it's always the same."

Taking the middle road, Lyra said, "I've always thought it was interesting to see."

"Interesting," Connix hummed. "Good word."

They made quite a trio. Eden and Lyra were both dressed in the deep blue New Republic officer's uniforms, and Connix had on an identical, deep ochre strategist's version. Leia's entourage, ambassadors from the Resistance base on D'Qar. Or, unofficially, part of the Phoenix Squadron and their partially-adopted strategist.  Connix had aways been their personal favorite.

Lyra pressed her hand into the keypad of the door in front of them and it slid open. They had just docked their transport shuttle on the port side, and now they were headed towards where Holdo was waiting for them on the command deck. She wouldn't come to them, of course.

"You can make your own opinion," Connix said, tucking a strand of hair back into her crown of braids. Out of the three of them, she had dealt with the brunt of the Senate's inconsistency. "Just don't get your hopes up."