072 | return of the jedi

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

'𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐞𝐝𝐢' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

. . . PASAANA, EXPANSION REGION

𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐒 they could have been sent to, Poe really wished it hadn't been another desert one. The heat was merciless, and it reminded him too much of Jakku. It was almost tauntingly poetic; sand at the start and sand at the end.

"You sure this is it?" He asked as they climbed the rocks for a better vantage point.

"These are the exact coordinates last charted by Master Skywalker," Threepio informed him.

"What about the contact?" Poe asked, talking more to Rey than to Threepio. He would rather the golden droid just stay silent.

Rey cleared her throat, eyes focused intently on the ground. "The contact didn't give us any information about Pasaana, Poe. They gave us a lead about Ochi, that's it. It was just a general assumption that they were on the planet somewhere."

Poe made a noise of disbelief. "So we don't even have a back up option when Skywalker's trail gets cold?"

"Which is highly likely," Finn muttered. Rey shot him a deadly glare and he just shrugged. "I'm just sayin', the Skywalkers are not the most reliable family."

The dim noise that he had heard as they walked up the ridge was growing louder, and as it crested, he saw why. The valley was chock full of native creatures in full-on festival mode. Brightly pigmented smoke filled the air with electric yellows and tangerines, and flags and kites flew with banners sporting every pattern known to man. It was a sea of tents and shifting crowds, upbeat music drifting in and out of the breeze.

"What is this?" Poe asked aloud. He put a gloved hand to his face, unable to believe their bad luck.

"The Aki-Aki festival of the ancestors!" Threepio said excitedly as he caught up. "This celebration occurs only once every 42 years."

"Well that's lucky," Finn muttered with distaste.

"Lucky indeed! This festival is known for both its colorful kites and its delectable sweets!"

They all turned to face Threepio. Poe put his hand on his hip, waiting for the droid to get the memo that they did not find this entertaining, nor did they want fun facts.