068 | without return

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

'𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

. . . GRENÉ-TSENG FARM, NABOO

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 became very clear very quickly: the Tseng family knew how to throw a dinner party.

As soon as Lyra stepped through the threshold to the Tseng family home, she felt it everywhere. The comforting weight of peace. It was in the gorgeous spread of food on the table, all things she only barely remembered from her childhood. It was in the smell of fresh winter flowers in the vases on the window sill. It was in the way all of Melia's kids, Lyra's cousins, rushed around the house with wild abandon until their Grandma Tseng scolded them to relax.

In this place, she was never Lyra Endellion. It was difficult to say how much of the truth each of them knew; Lyra suspected Melia had heard most of her deeds just from the questions she had asked. Sabina and Felix Tseng, the elderly parents of Sammy and Castor, had regarded her with only the slightest hint of caution. Lyra's cousins were none the wiser. Only Linus, the oldest boy, was curious about the Resistance.

When they all sat down at the table, Lyra ended up elbow to elbow with her youngest cousin, a dark haired girl with startling green eyes called Lucia. At her other side sat Linus, who was currently doing more talking than he was eating.

"So, you're Resistance?" He asked tentatively, keeping his voice low.

"No," Lyra clarified. The weight no longer sat in her chest. "I was Resistance."

He was unperturbed, genuinely interested in her life rather than regarding her as a curiosity. "Did you know Leia Organa when you were there?" He asked, but then he gave a short laugh. "That's a silly question, of course you did. She's your aunt."

"No question is silly," Lyra smiled.

Linus grinned. "I'm sorry I keep bothering you with questions, we just don't have very many direct lines to the Resistance all the way out here. All the news we get about it is second hand mentions of stories. Leia Organa, Poe Dameron, all of the big names."

When was the last time she had even heard his name said out loud? It was nearing a week since she had last seen him on Corellia, and that space only continued to widen.