007 | partnership

╔════════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

'𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩' ═════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐊𝐀𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐀 𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 was a fabled story brought to life.

Situated on the edge of the Eastern Great Grass Plains of Naboo, the lavish buildings dotted the hillside like gemstones on a velvet cloth. The faded color of the daytime was made saturated and dark as the sun set and the color returned to the landscape. The city spilled out to the shimmering waters of the dark ocean. Far off, the lights of Theed looked like a sparkling star on an unreachable horizon.

"Do you think you could swim that far?" Lyra said, reaching her hand out so that the city of Theed was in her finger tips.

"Don't be stupid, you'd drown."

Lyra turned to look at her partner in crime for the evening. Her companion's dark curly hair glistened with moonlight and sweat. Her eyes were unforgiving and reflected nothing but calculated contempt.

"I'd rather drown than stay here," Lyra said with as much conviction as a nine-year-old voice could hold. Her upper lip curled. "They're keeping everything from us. They took it all away from us for no reason."

The girl shifted where she sat on the edge of the rocky bluff. "We'd never make it, Lyra."

Lyra.

The name still felt foreign on her ears and awkward on her lips.

Three weeks ago, she had finally managed to steal a keycard that would bypass the biometric lock on the dormitory door. Lyra had slowly made her way deeper into the computer systems of the Royal Imperial Academy. Every night after the patrols rounded the corner on the third corridor, Lyra would shimmy up the air vent. She had a twenty minute window when the lieutenant watching the computers would step out of the room for his break. Lithely and quietly, Lyra would slip in and out unnoticed. Each night she broke another layer of the firewall and found some piece of scattered information. One step closer to the records database. It was all without incident too, there was never another soul who caught her.

Until a week ago. When Lyra had climbed up into the air vent, another face was staring back at her.

Her first reaction was to scream, but she knew better than that. Instead, she settled for scooting her body backwards so fast she hit her head on the cold metal of the vent.