043 | dawn

╔═════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

'𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧' ════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

... D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃, there was nothing else. Just Poe, standing in front of her under the lights. Everything else was rendered null and void, gone up into the stars. She felt no regret, no apprehension, and no doubt. All she felt was love and the comforting warmth of his body tangled with hers.

The dress was a mistake in the cold night air, but this made everything worth it. She had almost gone into her room and called it a night, but as soon as she stood in front of her door, she knew Poe wasn't in his room and she knew where he would be. Outside, still standing and waiting.

Both of them were waiting. And, now that everything was clear, there would be no more of that.

Once they pulled away again, Lyra tilted her head to the side and asked, "What were you going to tell me earlier, before the wedding started?"

"Now you're just messing with me."

She laughed. "It's a serious question."

He rolled his eyes and pressed an extremely gentle kiss to her cheek, still holding her close in his strong arms. "And you know the answer."

Whatever else she was about to say died in her throat, pushed away by his lips on hers. She ran her hand through his hair, feeling the softness of his curls in between her fingers. This was unlike anything else she had ever felt, a desire for closeness that was unmatched. The heat of his breath brushed over her cheeks and her lips and every inch of her jaw. It was all so perfect, and it didn't seem like it was ever going to end as the kiss deepened and–

"Commander-- oh my!"

Lyra gasped, opening her eyes and flinching so suddenly, she bumped right into Poe's nose.

"Ow," Poe winced dramatically.

"Threepio," Lyra cleared her throat and straightened out her dress, taking a very reluctant step away from Poe.

The droid looked absolutely scandalized to have caught them, which served him right for interrupting. "I'm terribly sorry," Threepio floundered, coming to a stop a healthy distance away from the two of them. "Commander Dameron, Commander Endellion, General Organa has requested your presence in the command room. Immediately."