019 | girl without a heart

╔═══════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

'𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭' ════════╝

'𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐀 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐗 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 after she was released from the med bay, Lyra Endellion was still not cleared for combat or flight. The base was a cage of her own design, and nothing could break the lock.

"I don't understand," Mich had said earlier that day. Confusion did not look good on him. It brought out the worry lines on his pale face. "These aren't long term injuries, but your recovery has plateaued. It doesn't make sense why you aren't improving anymore."

Lyra had sat there and answered his questions, pretending to be just as lost as he was about the situation. Inside, the connection was made. Lyra knew why she still wasn't back to the way she was before. It was a phenomenon that wouldn't be in a medical textbook. A possibility that, said aloud, would only sound silly. But it was the only option that made sense.

Inadvertently, Lyra had cut herself off from the Force.

She had been using it for years to hone her fighting abilities. It gave her an extra edge, a way to anticipate things before they even occurred. A sixth sense of battle that she could use in the sky and on the ground; it allowed her to always be two steps out of reach. And then she had used it for the little things, too. Turning a book's page without her hands. Switching off a lamp from across the room. Suspending a wrench in the air so she wouldn't lose it.

But after the dream–the vision of the Jedi in the landscape of white–she had become afraid of the Force. The Jedi had made it sound like there was some all-powerful thing that was awakening, and Lyra knew she wanted no part in it. That hesitation had come with a price: when she tried to stretch out her hand and feel the world around her, she felt nothing but empty.

This life force is apart of you. That statement was no longer true, and she could feel its toll. Strange dreams kept her awake at night, none of them with resolution. Combat moves that were second nature suddenly took a great deal of effort. She was irritable. Exhausted. Becoming less like herself than ever.

But she was still trying.

The gym was empty at this hour, no sound but the dim, distant noise of someone taking shots at a target one room over. Lyra stood upside-down on her hands in the middle of a floor mat. She centered her core and breathed deeply, not daring to shut her eyes or she knew she'd topple over. Gingerly, she lifted her left arm so she was balancing solidly on her right. Breathe in, breathe out. Feel the Force.