𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

━ a final note
from nat

It's extremely cliché to say that a story writes itself, and that would be a terrible summation of all the hours I put into this story. Still, at some point the characters became a little more than fiction. Their conversations became organic and fluid, almost like I was just sittin' here writing down the story they wanted to tell. And that is what makes it so very hard to let them go.

This version of the story is by all official counts the second, but it's really the fourth or fifth of the idea that I originally had way back in January of 2020. This has been one crazy ride. I'd be kidding myself if I didn't admit that there were times when I just wanted to give it up because it seemed silly or because I felt like it wasn't going to be good enough and no one was going to want to read it. The support and love that I receive from every single read, comment, and vote have meant the world and more to me. I love writing and I'm so fortunate to have found a group of people who want to read my writing. So many people have supported this story--some of whom are no longer even on wattpad because that's how damn long it took me to write this.

This story has taken me all the way from my freshman year of college and now into the summer before my senior year. If you made it this far with me, thank you. Thank you for loving Lyra and the Phoenix Squadron and Eleni and Reeve and Nascha and everyone in between. I'm not sure what the future holds or if I'll someday come back and revisit this set of characters, but for now I'm so happy to have actually finished telling the story I set out to tell.

On to the next :)

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━