046 | escape

╔══════  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

'𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞' ════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR ATMOSPHERE

𝐏𝐎𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐔𝐏 that morning thinking that he would be engaging with a Dreadnought. He had woken up that morning next to Lyra, knowing it was going to be their last day on D'Qar. The Dreadnought part was just an added bonus to the whole leaving everything behind and not looking back thing.

The First Order ship was lowering the ion cannons, preparing to fire on the base. Lyra was still down there along with the remaining ships, and the only hope for buying them time was to screw with the First Order's own officers. That did indeed happen to be on the list of Poe Dameron's acquired talents.

Poe flew lower, switching his X-wing into attack position. Behind him, BeeBee chirped out a nervous string of binary, telling him all the ways his plan was about to go wrong.

Poe reached up and flipped a switch, frowning. "Happy beeps here, buddy, come on. We've pulled crazier stunts than this."

"Just for the record, Commander Dameron," Leia admonished through the coms. "I'm with the droid on this one."

"I second that," Lyra added, still transmitting from the ground.

"Thank you for your support, General," Poe sighed, taking a deep breath. "Commander Endellion, let me remind you that the faster you get off the ground, the faster I get back to the Raddus."

Lyra's tone turned far more serious. "Final transport loading, we're almost there."

Poe wiped the sweat from his forehead as the transmission clicked off. "Happy beeps," he muttered to himself, knowing that he had one shot and one shot only to get this right.

Then he leaned forward and flipped the switch with renewed confidence, transmitting the sound of his voice straight to the First Order cruiser.

"Attention, this is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet, I have an urgent communiqué for General Hugs." Poe waited, each moment of static silence making his heart rate jump. Then he heard the shrill voice of the annoyed General, and he knew he had done it.

"This is General Hux of the First Order," he began, launching into a long monologue just as Poe had hoped he would. "The Republic is no more. Your fleet are Rebel scum and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms, there will be no surrender--"