006 | who we are

╔══════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

'𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞' ════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 base, the throbbing had become intense. The only consolation was that blood had yet to seep through the dark fabric of Lyra's flight suit. 

Snap escorted the stolen shuttle carrying Grakkus' to a landing quadrant a safe distance from the rest of the squadron. They themselves touched down right in front of the hangar doors. Reeve would be glad to see that there was no damage to the ships this time.

Lyra pushed her canopy open and took a deep breath of fresh air to clear her head. It was a welcome change from the stale, damp humidity of the prison. Gingerly, and as slowly as possible, she climbed down the ladder of her ship. It took her so long, Jess was already standing below her with her hands on her hips.

"Are you stupid or something?" she asked shrilly, holding out an arm for Lyra to grab onto.  Lyra reached the ground and stumbled a little bit, using Jess for support. Still, she managed to stand on her feet solidly. 

"Occasionally," she told her with a stubborn twitch of her jaw.

"You need to go to the med bay."

The rest of the squadron was heading over to the shuttle. There would have to be an interrogation, and then a release filed for the Hutt, which would mean Leia wasn't currently at her command station. Lyra wanted to talk to Aliyah before anything else exploded in her face.

"I'll go later if it gets worse," Lyra bargained. "Listen, I need to go get an update from Lieutenant Connix so we can figure out how to send Grakkus back off-world. I'll catch up with you guys."

Lies came too easy. They bubbled up like foam on the sea, soft and white and misdirecting.  What a way of life it had become.

"If you're sure," Jess frowned.

"I'm very sure."

As soon as Jess ambled off towards the shuttle, Lyra headed for the command room. The side entrance was empty, but the stairs hindered her progress a concerning amount. By the time she got to the bottom she was almost out of breath from trying to keep her leg straightened.

Aliyah was waiting for her in their office. Ellis was there too, fiddling with his mouse droid. Gears and strips of metal littered the table and the air was thick with the smell of caf.