078 | the other side

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

'𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

. . . RESISTANCE BASE, AJAN KLOSS

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 and the sky had filled with rain.

Even in their short walk to the command area, Poe and Lyra were drenched and Bee was complaining about the water flooding his processor. Evenven after an hour of sitting in the confines of Eleni's workspace, they were still barely dry. Eleni herself was nowhere in sight; Reeve had commandeered the workspace with her current project.

"I think you should just leave him as he is," Jess was telling her as she hooked up Threepio's metal head to the memory backup housed in R2's systems. The little droid beeped once in protest, but Jess continued. "It's so much funnier that he has no clue what's going on, ever."

"That's cruel, Jess," Reeve chastised, but the corner of her mouth still lifted into a smile. "He asked me if I knew what planet we were on."

"We're too hard on him," Poe said suddenly, and all three of them turned to stare at him.

"Are you feeling okay?" Jess asked, genuinely concerned.

He rolled his eyes. "Don't look at me like that. I'm a very big fan of droid culture. Watch this."

Poe whistled twice and made a beeping sound. Bee rolled back from where he was at Poe's feet, looking slightly scandalized.

"Did you–did you just try to talk to him in binary?" Lyra asked, turning her head so she could face him.

Poe whistled once. "Yes I did. And I'm getting so good at it–"

No you aren't, Bee interrupted with a snippy little chirp. You just said your name is shoe.

Lyra started to laugh. "Shoe Dameron. That's a good one, Shoe."

"Give me a break," Poe groaned, letting himself flop backwards onto the crate so that he was now staring at the ceiling. "I'm trying."

It's a good try, Bee relented. Just don't do it ever again.

A voice crested over the dull sounds of the command room. "Dameron!" someone shouted.