052 | supernova

╔══════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

'𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐚' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...THE RADDUS

𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄, the true challenge began.

Furtively, Lyra ran through all the possibilities in her mind. Lando Calrissian was similar in nature to Han Solo, but where her uncle had a soft heart, she was uncertain whether the same could be said for Calrissian. Even then, soft hearts were just as dangerous; they needed someone they could trust.

"It always ends up like this, doesn't it," she muttered under her breath. Anger laced up and through the words, choking her throat with frustration. It had been easier to soothe her temper a week ago, but this ship had sought to bring out her worst.

Going out of her way to avoid Poe, she climbed up a rickety maintenance staircase that led up three levels. It was quiet here, and the only sound was the noise of pipes and ductwork running exposed along the old walls. She pressed the button for the turbolift to take her back up to the main floor and waited until it reached her level.

When the door swung open, it wasn't empty.

Poe stood, staring at her with disbelief at his luck. He heaved a long sigh and ran a hand through his hair. "Are you going up too?"

"Unfortunately," she groused. This day just kept getting better. "I can wait for the next one."

"You don't need to do that," he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

So she stepped inside. Being stuck inside a large metal canister with Poe wasn't something she would have minded two days ago, but now it felt like hell to sit in the stale silence. They stood as far apart as they could, but in the back of her mind she was thinking of how much better it would be to be closer, to put this behind them.

They were both well practiced at the art of putting up walls.

"One of us should have gone with them," Lyra said suddenly to break the silence. She didn't know why she was suddenly keen to voice her doubts. "Or we could have sent Eden, someone who's been there before. I don't like the idea of them going to Canto Bight alone."

"They're both capable, and we can't go back on it now. The best we can do is look out for them on our side of things," Poe said curtly. He kept his face toward the closed door as the lift moved, not even deigning to look at her. "Have a little faith in them, Lyra."