055 | too late

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

'𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞' ═════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...THE RADDUS, CRAIT AIRSPACE

"𝐒𝐎 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐑 and a who now are doing what?"

Holdo's voice was shrill against his ears. Around them, people were working tirelessly to get the ships ready for their ill-timed escape. Shouts echoed off the towering ceilings of the hanger, drills reverberated, and crates were already being loaded with haste. Time was running out to stop the operation, and he needed to buy Finn and Rose more of a chance to disable the lightspeed tracker.

Just behind Holdo, He had gathered the handful of people who were willing to stage an intervention. Connix and Reeve were among them, but Eleni refused to be a part of a mutiny. Mutiny was too strong of a word, in his opinion. It was simply a matter of distracting Holdo for a little while. Just long enough to completely derail everything she had planned.

"Finn is a former stormtrooper." He was growing tired of explaining the same thing for the second time. This was Holdo's final chance to make the right choice. "They are trying to save us, this is our best chance for escape. You have to give Finn and Rose all the time that you can."

Holdo looked at him with abject horror, mouth contorted in disbelief. "You have bet the survival of the Resistance on bad odds and put us all at risk," she scoffed. "There's no time now, we have to get clear of the cruiser--"

As she stepped past him, he muttered. "Yeah, I was afraid you'd say that."

Poe smiled gently and leaned back, straightening his posture. For the first time in hours, he was completely at ease. All at once, they drew their weapons and pointed them at the officers in front of them.

"Vice Admiral Holdo, I'm relieving you of your command for the survival of this ship, its crew, and the Resistance."

Her eyes bore into him, crackling with anger and still that tinge of disbelief. At this point, she shouldn't be so surprised. "I hope you understand what you're doing," was all she had left to say.

"That's the whole point, lady." Poe holstered his blaster. "I'm going to the bridge. If they move," he gave Holdo a shit-eating grin as he brushed past her. "Stun 'em.'"