054 | like the sun

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

'𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧' ══════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...THE RADDUS, OUTER RIM 

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐗 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐍. Never quite golden or lauded or praised. The killers, the reapers, the harbingers. Whatever they were called, it had always been the five of them together. Death had never stopped them but this tiny fracture felt powerful enough to crack their entire bond. Aliyah was doing what she had always done: she was following orders in order to save them from certain annihilation. Unfailing in her loyalty, Lyra had watched Aliyah follow without question. Her duty was to the cause.

They were all reacting poorly in their own muddled ways; there was nothing else to be done on an inescapable ship.

Reeve was still messing with the circuit breaker, trying to divert more power from the main floors down to their small room in the basement. Hyper focused, the only words that occasionally crossed her lips were, "pass me that wrench" to her R9 unit, Stella.

A spark hissed through the air.

"Got it!"

"Got what?" Eden leaned over the table, dark hair swinging forward. "A fire?"

Without even missing a beat, Reeve announced, "I subverted the power breaker, which is connected to the main breaker of Holdo's new command room. The frequency of the com network is passing through that channel, too."

Ellis's eyes lit up. "So, we can intercept the signals from the command room?"

"All communication, in and out," Reeve nodded proudly, brushing off her hands. "You're welcome."

Connix patched them through to the secure network that was running calculations on the ship's path. It didn't say where they were headed, but that wouldn't matter. If Lyra could pinpoint their exact trajectory, all she had to do was draw a line on a holo map and figure out which star system they would hit first. Holdo kept telling them to maintain their course, and it was clear they were headed in only one direction: Forward.

The calculations were slow, but the progress bar moved steadily.

"This is interesting," Eden said, more to herself than to anyone else.

"What, what?" Poe immediately turned his attention to the screen.

"These communications are about your squadron, Dameron. They're only mentioned a few times, but let's see what happens when I cross-reference that with any files we might have." Eden stopped speaking as she typed.