Chapter 1

Hello, this is my first fanfic so please be respectful! Constructive criticism is welcome at all times! MANGA SPOILERS WILL BE IN THIS BOOK SO PROCEEDED WITH CAUTION!!! ALRIGHT, LET'S GET ON WITH THE STORY! Also, if you guys want me to write a fanfic for other characters, please leave a comment coz I'm trying to make a fanfic for each AOT character.
--------------------

Light hurried footsteps were heard rushing through the hallway of the wooden house, the boards creaking at the pressure that was being applied to them, alerting the woman who waited patiently in bed for her daughter to come home.

"Mamma! Mamma! Guess what!" Came your voice, strained from running all the way from the training grounds to your small little home. "We did it Mamma! I was chosen to be the Stone Titan! Can you believe it!?" (P.s that's a Titan I came up with. Details are in chapter 9.)

You exclaimed with excitement while giddily hopping up and down, waving your little arms all over the place. You reached into your school bag and brought out the two red pieces of fabric, signaling a new beginning for the both of you.

"Sweetheart, I'm so proud of you. That's my little hard worker!" The fragile woman let out a sigh of relief as she combed her fingers through your hair from her bed. "Thanks to your hard work it's that I'm still alive today. Because of your sacrifice it's that I can afford my medicine to keep me going." She sniffled while cupping one of your cheeks into her hand.

It's been a couple of years that's she's been infected with this strange desease, doctors were still assigning her medications and remedies while you worked everything you had to provide her the money for proper care. Or at least as close as Eldians can get to proper health care.

You had become a warrior to help afford her medication ever since your father had passed away. It's been about a year now... He had gotten executed for going outside the intermediate zone to seek medicine for her against the governments will.

He had asked for a permit but wasn't granted one... few options remained for your family, causing it to spiral down a path of depression, leaving you to care for your Mother alone.

All that was left to do was work. Work hard and keep the both of you alive. The simplest thing you could do to earn money and respect was become a warrior, fighting tooth and nail to push your way to the top to become honorary Marleyans.

That way she wouldn't have to worry about suffering the same fate as your Father. His absence had caused even more pain for her, now single mother, sick, and doing the best she could to take care of you, she was tired, Anyone could tell from afar how sick and tired she is.

"Y/n, listen close my dear, your Father would have been so proud of you," she whispered as her wrinkled dull eyes swelled up with crystal clear tears. You were quick to jump and hug her, burring your face into the warmth of her embrace, her hand gently patting the back of your head.

"Please don't cry Mama, I'm sure he's watching us and he will protect me while I leave for my mission. He's going to look after me and you while we're apart." You couldn't hide for long your own tears that began to pool in your eyes, making your grip on her tighten just a bit.

-

"I might not be able to go bid you goodbye tomorrow but I will try, promise me that you'll take care of yourself, those island devils are inhuman and bad. You need to promise me you'll return. I need to know that I won't loose you as well as I lost your father! Please!" She exclaimed while brushing loose strands of hair behind my ears. I hugged her once more, even tighter than before.

"I promise... those island devils, they won't get away with leaving us here! I'll come back to you I promise!" I pledged, full of confidence with a huge reassuring smile on plastered across my face. She smiled at me and kissed my forehead, after wiping away her tears. After she finished letting her emotions out about me leaving, I went to get my clothes and necessities ready. Packing the bare minimum to keep me alive in those days that lay ahead of me.