Chapter 7

Hello! Um, updates might be slow this week. I just need some time to reflect on myself... BUT THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE AND READING THIS BOOK!
-----------------

It's been a couple of days since the accident. It didn't help that you had to find Macro's body while walking with Jean.

His reaction destroyed any last hope you had for considering yourself a 'good person.

You ended up joining the Survey Corps and sticking with Reiner and Bert, while Annie left for the Military Police.

It's been a while since you've seen her. She probably still has nightmares about Marco. You know you do.

Every.

Single.

Night.

It's been hard to live with him haunting your dreams. You can still hear his screams and cries for help as the side of his face was bitten off.

Having to deal with Jean's breakdown was worse. You and he were talking in the woods when he broke down completely.

-

flashback

-

You and Jean were looking at the scenery while waiting for news about Eren.

"Hey, y/n... do you remember when we would gather in the girl's barracks and throw singing competitions between the cadets..." He asked while chuckling lowly as you remembered clearly how Marco and Mikasa would always tie at the end, smiling at the memories.

"Yeah... Marco and Mikasa had the best singing voices... look, Jean, I'm so sorry about Marco... I know that he was a really good friend of yours." You say as you try to contain the tears from falling.

Jean began sobbing silently as you tried your best to comfort him. "Jean please don't cry..."

"HE SAID THAT HE WAS GOING TO LIVE TO SEE THE SOLDIERS WE WOULD BECOME!!! HE BROKE HIS PROMISE TO ME!!! Y/N SOMEONE MUST'VE SEEN HOW HE WENT OUT!!! I KNOW HE MUST HAVE FOUGHT TILL THE END!!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs while covering his ears in frustration.

"Jean... I'm sorry... please... forgive me..." You whispered while hugging him as tears started to roll down your face.

"Y/n... it's not your fault... he really liked and trusted you as a friend so I know he's smiling down at us right now." He said as he started to regain his composure.

More tears rolled down your face.

It was your fault.

He trusted you.

And you killed him.

Those thoughts circled your head over and over.

"I'm sorry Marco..." You whispered low enough so he couldn't hear you.

-

Back to present

-

No one had been assigned a squad yet in the survey corps so while the time passed you would visit Eren in Levi squad to see how he was doing.

He had invited you to a date later in the night and you agreed to try to keep it as secret as possible.

It was dark in the middle of the night and you were trying to sneak out of your dorm as quiet as possible.