Chapter 22

Hello! Thank you all so much for 28k! Love ya'll and please take care! This chapter takes place back in Marley a few months before the attack on fort Salva.
-----------------------

By the looks of the bright green trees, summer would become once more than for the past 4 years. The leaves slowly rustled and danced through the wind as your mind roamed free once more into the color hidden deep in them.

"Y/n?" Porco's voice snapped you out of your trans as you turned your head to meet his eyes.

"Yes?"

"You need to focus more, we are going to conduct our attack on fort Salva soon. I don't want you to get hurt. Pay attention." He murmured while keeping his gaze on the floor.

"Yes. I'm sorry." You whispered while bringing your attention back to Commander Magath who was explaining what would take place after they disabled the armored train. This war had been going on ever since you came back from Paradis and losing the colossal and the female was no help for this war at all.

"Ms. Y/n, we will have you hidden back with Galliard and Pieck. You are only to leave when I give the three of you permission to proceed, is that clear." He asked but more in a demanding tone.

"Yes sir!" The three of you saluted while leaving the hideout to get to your stations. Pieck and Porco seemed to be a little tense.

"Why are the two of you acting like I'm a stranger?" You questioned with furrowed eyebrows as they shifted uncomfortably in their walk.

"It's just that you've been away for so long... and even when you came back we didn't get a chance to talk properly until now," Porco replied as he studied you from the corner of his eye.

"Perhaps you're right. It has been years since we last talked. And I bet you all thought only my corpse would be brought back." A smirk tugged on your lips as you watched them both begin to panic.

"W-what!?! No!"

"Where did you hear that!?! No! We're just a little awkward, is all!"

A giggle escaped your lips as their faces were covered in blush at the thought misconception.

"I'm only messing with you. No need to be so worried about it. I came back in one piece didn't I?" You smiled at them as their bodies became visibly relaxed.

"Yeah," Porco whispered as a small blush remained to dust his cheeks.

"MS. Y/N!" A group of people called out as you turned around to meet your old Titan gear operating unit. The Kannen Unit.

"GUYS!" Your face lit up as you ran towards the group to hug them. The Kannen unit consisted of four members. Sio, Gina, Lioro, and Díaz. Two men and two women. The equal balance for the stone titans gear.

You remembered the old memories you had when they were first assigned to conduct your gear. In the beginning, you all got along very well and they were put on break for the 6 years that you were gone.

"We missed you!"

"It's been so long!"

"When will we be able to fight in missions together again!"

"We are so glad that you're ok!"

They were all talking at once that all you could do was laugh at how excited they seemed to see you again. After all, it had been 6 long years of depriving your Titan of its gear and it almost cost you your life back at Paradis. It seemed almost a full-seen relief for them to be able to operate it again.

"Guys, I hate to be that guy but we have to go to our stations. We'll see you guys once it's too me for her to transform." Porco called out from behind you while you said your goodbyes to your unit.

"It had been so long since the last time I had seen them." You whispered while hopping into the train compartment that would take you to fort Salva.

"Yeah, it feels like you had been gone for ages..." Pieck smiled as you gave her a slight hug.

"I had missed you all so much too! How is everyone back home! How are the warrior candidates? It's been forever since I had seen Gabi and Falco. How are Udo and Sofia too? I remember they used to play together behind my house whenever we came back from training." You uttered excitedly to learn how everyone was doing.

"They've been very excited ever since they learned you had come back. They can't wait till when they get to talk to you." Porco informed you while wiping some imaginary dust out of the side of your jacket.

"The poor things have been rambling on day and night about who will possess which titans in the future!" Pieck laid her hand on her forehead while taking a deep breath.

"Just wait till they learn about the terrors of war. Then all their dreams will be shattered." You mumbled while tilting your head back.

"With commander Magath and all the higher-ups praising them it'll be like they haven't experienced anything at all. After all, they'll be considered hero's of Eldia." She whispered while leaning her head into your shoulder. A yawn left her mouth while she closed her eyes and you followed the same while laying your head onto Porco's shoulder.

A small smile decorated his lips while his eyes softened at the image of you and Pieck sleeping soundly. It felt like decades since he had seen both of you relaxed and engulfed into a lake of mysterious dreams. It brought him happy to know that at least you and Reiner had made it back safely, even if he didn't show it very often.

He closed his eyes and let the darkness engulf him as the train went on its way to fort Salva.

When it was time to wake up you noticed that a blanket was placed on top of you and Pieck. You assumed it was Porco and gently shook Pieck awake.

"Pst. Wake up. We're here." You whispered while lightly shaking her awake.

"Mmmm, five more minutes please." She whispered back while cuddling with your arm.

"Pieck wake up. We need to go." You whispered again while trying to shake her awake a little harder.

"... no."

"Pieck cmon, we are in fort Salva now. You need to wake up." You tugged your arm away gently while she let out a groan as her eyes drowsily opened up.

"Yeah yeah I'm awake now..." she whispered while a yawn escaped her lips.

Before you had a chance to get up once more and unwrinkle your shirt, she tackled you once more down into the seat and snuggled against your chest.

"5 more hours." She murmured as she let out another yawn.

'It's going to be harder for me to wake her up than to actually participate in war." You thought while a small smirk crawled onto your lips.

--------------

There's another chapter! I'll try my best to update once more tomorrow and the day after that! Take care! Bug out!

-------------