Chapter 31

This chapter might be a little short since I have school tomorrow and have to wake up at 5:30 but I'll try my best to fit in as much as I can!
Question: What is your favorite song?
------------

You stood in silence completely frozen. 'Does he...' Your thoughts trailed off as more and more possibilities bubbled into your mind. Zeke stood still while waiting for an answer.

His eyes behind glasses resembled amusement. 'This bastard has been planning this, he knows something.' You thought while glaring at him.

You smiled while clearing your thoughts before answering him, "Well obviously I got along well with them as an act, was that not why we were sent? To gather information."

"Hm, I guess." He shrugged while walking back to where he previously was. 'Dodged that bullet.' A sigh of relief escaped your lips while preparing yourself to catch the ball.

"Y/n, you're a smart girl. You know the consequences of holding secrets from the military, right?" He smirked while crossing his arms.

You murmured more curses under your breath while narrowing your eyes at him. "It's not wise to mess with things you don't understand, Zeke."

"Maybe it's not..." He began walking up as you stood your ground and straightened your back and cleared your throat, "Just get to the damn point."

"Eren Jeager." His voice sounded desperate as if he was trying to get you to confess what had happened. As if someone told him and he was dying to get the truth out of you.

"What about him?" You asked beginning to get irritated.

"You're stubborn." He muttered while shaking his head. 'That's the last damn straw.'

"Look here, I have no idea why you're so keen on trying to get me to talk-" You raised your voice while stepping closer to him before someone cut you off.

"Hey, Y/n! I was looking for you!" Reiner cut in before things got more heated. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder while slowly stepping between you and Zeke.

"Pieck was looking for you and asked me to come to find you! She said it was very important." He gritted through his teeth while glaring at Zeke.

Zeke cleared his throat as a frown decorated his facial features, "You should get back to discussing the military plans, Reiner."

"I just came by to get Y/n." Reiner gave Zeke one final glare before hurrying you away from him and into the busy streets. Once away from Zeke you relaxed and gave Reiner a reassuring smile.

"Thanks, man." You breathed as he handed you an apple.

"Here, you can have this apple." He smiled back at you while taking another apple out of his uniform pocket.

"Did you steal these?" You asked while taking a bite out of the apple. He simply gave you an all-knowing look and walked you towards your house.

The silence between you wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, rather it brought you peace now that you were away from the all-questioning-Zeke.

"Tomorrow we have the festival, right? And then later in the night is the declaration of war against Paradis." You recalled while leaning slightly onto Reiner's shoulder.

"Yeah, today we have the gather up. Are you going to attend?" He asked while staring down at you.

"Nah, I have lots of cleaning up to do. Raza already served his t-" You were cut off for the 3rd time that day by the sound of someone calling your name from behind you.

"Y/n!" It was Mrs. Galliard.

"You can go ahead and head back home." You whispered to Reiner, something told you this conversation would be really long or super short, and you didn't want to have Reiner waiting for you to walk you home. He gave you a curt nod and walked off towards his house.

"Mrs. Galliard, such a surprise seeing you here!" You smiled as she caught up to you and smiled brightly at you.

"Dear, I have been looking everywhere for you!" She panted while handing you a bag from her purse.

"I got you a gift! The moment I saw it at the shop I immediately thought of you, you can wear it tomorrow for the festival and ceremony!" She gushed while ranting on and on about how she found the 'gift'.

"Mrs. Galliard, you didn't have to do this!" You beamed while looking into the bag. Inside the bag sat a carefully folded forest green skirt.

It had hand-sewn golden-colored small flower designs at the bottom, seemed to be high-rise to calf length. The fabric seemed to be very pricy silk. Honestly, it was very breathtaking, seemed expensive too.

"Wow. I don't even know what to say. I-It's gorgeous!" You stammered at the beautiful piece of fabric in front of you.

"It will look even more gorgeous on you! I want to see you wear it tomorrow!" She beamed while staring into your eyes.

"Thank you so much! Wow. I wasn't even prepared to revive such a beautiful gift." You trailed off as she gave you a quick hug and smiled.

"Well dear, I have to get going now. See you tomorrow! You'll blow all the men away with your beauty!" She ranted on as her voice slowly faded away.

You, still awestruck on the gift you had received didn't even notice when Raza walked up to you until he started tugging on your uniform's pants.

"Y/n?" He asked while continuously tugging on them to catch your attention. His stomach was letting out small growls here and there which immediately caught your attention.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry I got carried away I didn't even notice how late it is! You must be hungry!" You rambled while quickly picked him up and carried him back to your house. You heated the food you had prepared earlier and served the both of you as he poured the juice into cups for the both of you.

"This day has been a roller coaster for me." You laughed while recalling the day's events.

"I mostly just rested for the day. OH, I ALSO CLEARED THE GARDEN OF WEEDS!" He smiled proudly while finishing off his food.

"That's amazing!" You cheered while giving him a high-five.

The rest of the day went smoothly for the both of you, he helped you wash the dishes while you dried them and stored them away. Soon the moon was up and shining brightly onto the lonely streets. The stars lined up and helping illuminate the allies.

-

"So you didn't get a word out of her?"

"She's stubborn."

"You were supposed to recruit her on our side."

"I can't do it if she avoids me daily."

"Our times up... I had him deliver the letters today. She should get it tomorrow. All we can do now is hope she reads it in time."

-------

👀

-------