Chapter 48

Gonna try and write around 3k words with 15 percent battery at 10 pm wish me luck! Also I have testing tomorrow and it's already 12 so I apologize if this one has some grammatical errors.
Question: What is your favorite Studio Ghibli movie?
---------

The sun had set long ago into the horizon by the time you were helping the Azumabito pull the flying boat into the doc for them to fix it up. You were pulling the rope behind Reiner while Jean, Connie and Armin helped hoisting behind you as well.

"We need to hurry this up as much as possible!" Reiner yelled while making a sad attempt at pulling the white curtain off the boat.

"The explosives are in the way." You grunted while putting all your weight onto the curtain to move it down, "Maybe we should cut them off?" You suggested.

"Wait! We might be able to use them. Let's pack them inside the flying boat." Armin called out. You took to steps away from them, "You want to use them on Eren?" Reiner questioned, making you swallow the lump that has begun to form in your throat.

"I'm not sure..."

"Let's hurry this up." You changed the subject while snapping your fingers towards the curtain that was still covering most of the flying boat.

"Pieck is breaking the news to Falco... maybe you should go to comfort him." Reiner whispered to you while mimicking your technique of pulling the curtain.

"I said I was gonna help didn't I? I'll help here first and then make my way over there... and I personally think that he's going to want some time to think alone after he hears the news."

"And to be fair they're interviewing Yelena on that ship currently... I don't wanna hear anything that I'll end up regretting." You added while rolling up the explosives and carefully placing them inside a wooden box.

"My original plan of coarse was to leave with the Azumabito in their ship and spending the rest of my days looking after two bratty kids but seeing how much you need me I'm having second thoughts." You snicked while watching Reiner struggle to get his arm out of the ropes that held the wings of the flying boat.

"How did this even happen all I did was put out my hand yo hold the rope." He began tugging the rope apart, embarrassingly turning his back towards you.

"How about you try helping me instead of making fun of me!" He argued while continuing to tug on the rope more furiously.

"Jesus you're such a big baby, you know that?" You rolled your eyes while helping him get his, now both, arms pulled out from the rope traps. You carefully took them into your arms and threw them into another wooden box.

"I'm having second thoughts... about leaving on the ship." You sighed. "It feels wrong. After all everything that's happened it just doesn't feel like leaving... I don't know." You finalized while throwing your arms up in the air signaling defeat.

"It just doesn't feel right."

"I don't want to continue fighting like a pack of rabid dogs over a bone but I don't want to sit around waiting for someone to deliver the news of what this war has come to. Nothing is gonna bring my home back but sulking around isn't gonna honor it either."

"So what do I do?"

Your hand found it's way over to the bridge of your nose, slightly pinching it while you continued your train of thoughts on the situation.

"Well one things for sure. We are gonna need a lot of man power and you're a big source of that." He nudged your with his elbow, "but I know you don't want to see Eren die. Despite everything you two have done to each other you still love one another."