Chapter 45

Hey I'm back! So I took my time with this one because I wanna start making longer chapters since that was the best vote that y'all said you wanted. Each chapter will be around 6-8k words or so but it'll take me some time to write them.

We are getting closer and closer to the end of this fanfic that I really enjoyed writing but looking back on it the grammar is really bad in the first chapters so I'll be going back and fixing that in my free time! I'm so glad many of you like this story so much and I love every single one of you! P.s there are around 5 to 6 chapters left that I'm gonna try to get done by November so stay tuned!

Question: How do you think this fanfic will end?
----------

The night was still dark when Jean accompanied you back to the camp, after thanking him for talking to you, you immediately laid out a mat next to a tree, sitting up on a tree while watching the fire slowly burn down until complete darkness surrounded the camp grounds.

As for Jean, he had settled down a couple feet apart from you, laying on his back with his hands tucked under his head. His eyes fighting to stay awake, slowly fluttering to sleep while glaring at the clouded night sky.

Soon enough he fell asleep, now complete silence surrounded you, engulfing into that feeling that you could recognize anywhere. He was here with you.

"It's pretty dark, isn't it Eren." You whispered, as the feeling of your surroundings shifting became present to you.

The hard ground below you turned into soft piles of sand, the tree you rested upon vanished. The cloudy sky was replaced by one with thousands of shiny stars, and just for a moment, for the tiniest fraction of a second, got to gaze into those, once passionate, eyes once again.

The eyes that seemed to have the ocean and forest carved into one another, just to create those captivating ones he possessed.

The eyes that were once full of life and determination, dull, dead, half open staring down at you. His hand slowly moves down to brush his hand against your hair before hesitating above you.

And just how you appeared there, you left, once again surrounded by the smell of smoke from the burnt out fire, the sound of light snores, insects buzzing around, and the cloudy dull sky. Reality once more.

Glancing around your surroundings once more, you let out a long exhausted sigh and moved into a comfortable position for sleep. No stars were shining. No moon was out. There was no sign of life in the sky.

-

Everyone was up the moment the sun began to shine across the endless fields of trees, packing anything that could be reused later on, blankets, sleeping mats, pots, anything and everything.

While you were busy rolling up your sleeping mat, from the corner of your eye you saw Jean leaning over to wake Gabi and Falco. He carefully shook them awake, crouched on one knee, his palm hovering slightly over Gabi's shoulder.

As for Reiner... he had a more, violent awakening per say.

Soon enough everyone was ready to leave the base and head north for the harbor where they kept the ships waiting.

You were riding a horse up front with Mikasa, every now and then glancing back at the other carts to make sure they weren't lunging for each other's throats a second time.