Chapter 16

Hello! We're just going to ignore that picture up there haha... JOIN THE GARRISON! GO PIXIS-CHAN!
----------------------------

"Zeke." You replied as you felt his hand on your shoulder. Ymir looked up at the blond confused about who he was as he spoke up again.

"Y/n. Save your enthusiasm for later, we have a plan to discuss. I want to know every little detail on what you guys did on this island." He said as you heard muffled running towards you guys from the wall.

You turned around to see the raven-haired girl running towards you guys as Reiner, Bertolt and you quickly got up and ran towards her.

"PIECK!" You yelled as she jumped on you, crashing into the floor as she buried her face on the crook of your neck in a long warm hug.

"Y/N! REINER! BERTOLT! IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE THE LAST TIME WE SAW EACH OTHER! OH, HOW I MISSED YOU ALL!" She replied enthusiastically as she let go of you to hug Reiner and Bertolt.

"Hey... where's Annie and Marcel..." She asked as her eyes trailed to Ymir as they widened in fear.

"A day before we breached the wall, Marcel was eaten by a nearby Titan... Annie was captured after her identity was revealed." Reiner whispered as sadness laced in his voice.

"Wait what!?!" Zeke suddenly spoke up as he stood in front of Reiner trying to intimidate him.

"You're saying that he was eaten and you decided to continue the mission?" Zeke questioned as anger was visible in his eyes.

"We have plenty of time to explain what happened over the past 6 years but for now, how are our families?" You questioned as you took a step closer to Zeke. From behind him, you saw Pieck's eyes widen and sadden as she lowered her gaze onto the floor.

"I'm sorry y/n... your mother passed away a couple of months ago when her disease worsened after you left. But before she passed, she said she was very proud of you for giving your best for Marley... in the 4 years she lived after you left she worked in the orphanage nearby and adopted a young little boy to keep her company and help her around the house." Your heart stopped as those words left Pieck's mouth as she continued.

"She left the kid in your custody as your little brother. The money that she earned from you being a warrior was passed down to the child as he was told to wait for you to come back to Marley, and that you would take care of him. She said that he would keep you company in her absence." You dropped down on your knees as memories of your mother flashed through your mind.

"Y/n don't stay out too late you'll catch a cold."

"Y/n, darling you really should focus on your grades instead of taking care of me."

"Y/n, one day you'll find someone who'll make you as happy as your father made me."

"Take care and don't worry about me, I'll be here when you come back."

A stream of tears fell from your eyes are Pieck tried consolidating you by hugging you from behind. The person who you had worked so hard for had left you alone in this world. She left when she promised she would be there when you returned. An agonizing scream left your lips as tears fell from your eyes uncontrollably.

"NO! N-NO SHE SAID SHE WOULD BE THERE WHEN I RETURNED! SHE'S ALIVE! SHE WOULDNT HAVE LEFT ME ALONE! PLEASE! PLEASE TELL ME YOUR LYING!" You screamed at Zeke as he looked down at you with a blank expression.

"Y/n... look try to calm down, please..." Ymir whispered as you had completely forgotten that she was with you guys. No one had ever seen you this vulnerable, not even your mother.