Chapter 36

Hey! Sorry for taking so long to update, schoolwork has been pretty rough these days but I'll try and update as much as possible! Thank you all for reading and leaving votes!
Question: Favorite food?
--------------

"Eren you hav to eat." Armin called out while following his friend around with a bowl of soup in his hand. It had been approximately two weeks since the battle in Shiganshina and Eren had refused any food for the past couple days.

"I already said that I'm not hungry." He replied while walking out of the mess hall. His blond friend, following close behind.

"Eren, you can't keep refusing food, you're going to end up starving yourself!" Armin set the bowl down on top of a box while running after Eren.

"Stop following me around already!" Eren yelled after Armin caught up to him, they were far off near the forest, the bright moon shining above them as all the stars twinkled brightly.

"Stop acting like a child! She betrayed you! You are the one choosing not to open her letter! Hange already said it was safe for you to read it but you refuse to and that's why you're behaving like this!" Armin snapped while shaking his head in frustration.

"What I do with the stupid letter is none of your concern! Not yours! Nor Mikasa's!" He seethed while pacing around the forest.

"Stop acting like you have your feelings under control! Be realistic!"

"You want me to be realistic!?! Fine then! She lied to me, okay! She said she loved me and she didn't! She doesn't love me! She never did! It was all a game! A stupid game for her! It was all lies! Lies! LIES! LIES!!!" He screamed while falling to his knees crying.

"All the promises we made! None of it was true! That liar!" Armin bent down next to him while patting his back in a soothing manner.

"You will never know her true intentions if you don't read the letter, you refused to face the truth ever since she left." Armin sighed while handing Eren the envelope that was covered in blood.

"It will take a heavy weight off your shoulders." He whispered before leaving him where he was. He sobbed uncontrollably while staring at the stained envelope with unsure eyes.

Open it.

He reached over to carefully grab the envelope between his fingers. The front read 'To Eren.' written in dark ink. It had a small seal that had a star in it.

"Our star..." he whispered while wiping tears from his face.

He opened the letter hesitantly while slowly reading through the contains of the papers. His eyes widened as he read the letter over and over again. A smile made its way onto his lips as he held the letter close to his heart.

---------

Eren,

I'm not sure if I'm still alive by the time you read this... god... I know you will refuse to open this the moment it gets handed to you, but I'm trusting Armin's and Mikasa's judgement. They will eventually make you read this, won't they?

We might not get to talk to each other ever again and I know that no words can ever compensate for the genocide we casted on Paradis. Please take care Eren, don't loose yourself for someone like me... don't let that fire inside you die. For the sake of the love you once felt for me, don't loose your shine.

I would write endless pages but I'm afraid that I can't write too much. I want you to know that my love for you was never a joke. I went there with my mission in mind and only that... but you changed me, for the better.

I will never stop loving you. Stop thinking about you. Talking about you. Because you made me feel whole. Like if you were my other half. You made me feel at home. So until we're dancing under the stars again, I want you to remember.

No mountain, nor sea, nothing of this world could keep us apart, because I love you, and I won't stop loving you.

----------

"Where are we going?" You asked as he pulled you along the empty trails. Your hands were tied in front of your stomach and he was pulling you by the ropes.

He kept his distance in case you decided to transform, he would glance at you every now and then to make sure your hands were still tied.

He only hummed in response while keeping his gaze ahead. You still wore the same clothes since the festival, while he wore only some pants. His hair was pulled back into a manbun and with a couple of hairs framing his face.

"Hey, I asked you a question. It's only polite to reply." You glared while slowing down your pace to annoy him.

"Just shut up and keep walking." He grunted while pulling the ropes, yanking your body forward. You sighed while looking around at the fields.

Your head was racing with different thoughts at a time; How were Gabi and Falco keeping up? Was Marley organizing a rescue mission? Did they think you were pared up with Zeke?

Your thoughts were interrupted as shallow talking was heard from ahead. There seemed to be a group of people waiting for the two of your there. Two, three, maybe six voices were heard. Some female and some male.

The closer you got the louder they became, you began to struggle against the rope but only resulted in him pulling you harsher towards the crowd.

'What the hell is happening?' You panicked while looking at the familiar faces in the crowd that awaited the both of you.

"Big group. How many are here?" He asked while walking towards the group of people.

"We have more comrades beyond the ones present here. Like the jailers who freed us from our cells and told you to come here are also our comrades in the military." Floch informed time while taking a sweater out of his bag and handing it to Eren.

Your eyes narrowed at the sight of him, you wanted nothing other than to squeeze the life out of him with your own hands, but you had to wait.

"As are those whose bomb destroyed Darius Zachary. We had to act because the government decided to have someone more agreeable inherit the founder. We know that you are the only one who can save our Eldian empire... Eren Jeager..." He continued while Eren threw on the jacket.

"We just need to do one thing, find Zeke." Floch turned to you as you stared at Eren in confusion.

He plans on destroying Marley... for the sake of Eldia... but Liberio is...

I can't let him do it.

--------

Man I'm tried, anyways y'all take care my children! Drink plenty of water and eat a lot of food for energy! Take care and stay safe! Love yall! (P.S I'm adopting y'all as my children.)
BUG OUT!

--------