Chapter 4

Hello, Author here! Thank you to everyone who's reading this book! I am going to warn you it will get sad. Also open to ideas and criticism. Thank you.
---------------

Today we are going to be doing hand-to-hand combat, which I think is useless since we're supposed to be fighting titans, not humans, that being said, sparring is still an easy job to get through. The sun was shining brightly up above and the wind peacefully flew by. Everyone was paired up with their sparring partners while I got paired up with Yeager. Through kick and punch he seemed awful distracted and zoned out, something strange for someone like him.

"If you make it this easy then fighting you won't be any fun at all," I mumbled while pinning him down to the floor, knife to the neck, arms beside his head. His eyes, usually cheerful and excited, now clouded with something I couldn't put my finger on. I slowly got back up, brushing the dirt off my uniform.

"I'm sorry, it's just I've been distracted lately, is all." He blushed while looking down, scratching the back of his neck.

"Ahh I see, perhaps we should switch roles. Then maybe you won't be so distracted." I suggest while extending a hand help him get back up on his feet. His eyes immediately lighting back up.

"Sure! Hopefully, that'll keep my mind straight." He responded while taking the knife and getting into a fighting stance, parallel to mine.

He swings at me with the knife and I quickly grab his arm and press it behind his back. He lets out a grunt as I kick the back of his knee so he loses balance and falls on his knees. I held onto both his arm tightly while he struggles to get out of my grasp.

He oddly reminds me of Reiner when we did hand-to-hand training back home. Always easy to defeat. That was until he began to grow more muscle. "Alright, you can let go now..." Eren gasped while continuing to struggle against me.

"There's a way you can get out of this potion and I want you to figure it out. Find my weak points and use them." I hinted towards my knees while keeping my stance upright holding him down tightly.

He let out a low grunt while realization downed upon him. His big teal eyes were scanning the situation he was in.

There he is.

He quickly swiped his foot around the ground and hit the back of my knee. I fell to the ground, losing my balance as he quickly rose above and pinned me down, the roles changed and he now had the knife against my throat.

I released gasp for air while trying to look for a way to set myself free. Scanning his stance attentively while checking my surroundings.

"Was that how I was supposed to do it?" He asked lowering his head while whispering into my ear. "Yeah," was my quick response before my hips buckled backwards, hitting his abdomen, sending him tumbling back.

"Heh, seems like someone forgot to check their weak points." I teased as his face was now buried deep in the dirt.

"That was an... unexpected move... you just go around flipping people over?" He asked, smirk forming while raising an eyebrow. "Not just anyone... certain people, yes," I remarked while rolling my eyes in a flirtatious manner.

"I'll keep that noted down..." he quickly got up and dusted himself off as he walked towards me, offering me his hand to shake.

I shake his hand while continuing to show him more secret moves to get out of certain positions.

-

time skip

-

It quickly got dark as Sasha and I headed towards the showers. As soon as I felt the warm water pour down my body I felt the relief from the dirt and grime that was clinging to my body. The water carried away all of the sweat from training.