Chapter 18

So I've worked on a new ff, I've been thinking about publishing it around the end of March. It's a Levi x reader Modern Au. If you guys want any other fanfics on distinct characters, just let me know and I'll try my best to work something up.

------------------------------

It had been almost a week since your cover had been blown. A couple of days ago Commander Magath's response had arrived, Ymir was forced to give the jaw Titan to Porco, to which you protested against but in the end, there truly wasn't anything you could do.

You ended up getting Ymir's possessions back, as in her clothing that was sent to your home in Marley after all you had been put in charge of her in the time being that the commander gave back his response. Another constant reminder of your mistake by letting her come back with you, Reiner, and Bertolt.

Zeke had discussed the plan just in case the scouts were preparing for battle. Pieck was going to keep guard to see if they ever came along while you guys elaborated a plan for battle.

"Reiner, you are going to hide inside the wall, if someone blows your cover transform and fight. Bertolt you will only be used in desperate needs when Reiner is in danger or has been defeated, you will transform and set fire to the houses outside Shiganshina. Y/n, you will be hidden underneath one of the houses of Shiganshina. When the time comes for you to transform I will let you know, but we'll try and keep you from transforming to keep our losses to the least." Zeke explained pouring black tea into your cups.

"This plan of yours seems like it can fail in many different ways. How can you be so sure that we'll come out successful from this one? Why don't we just leave the rest up to the Marleyian government?" You inquired while raising an eyebrow.

"This plan is risky and not well conducted, I know, but it's our last chance to get the founder due to you three failing in your mission." He replied while blowing onto the dark liquid in his cup. You rolled your eyes in annoyance while taking a small sip from your tea.

"I would have still preferred if we had gone to rescue Annie before this..." Bertolt whispered while staring longingly into the sunset.

"I already told the three of you that we'll do that after. Or do we have to fight again to settle this, only this time if you lose... you give up your titans." Zeke narrowed his eyes while the three of you quickly shook your heads. It wouldn't be wise to fight again, especially when involving risking your family's lives.

"We're concerned for her... if the Military Police really had her then..." You mumbled while biting on your lower lip.

"Do you really think they have her? She is a trained warrior, there's nothing she can't handle. And if they did have her then she would turn into a 15-meter nightmare the second they hurt her." He tried to convince.

Loud footsteps were echoing from below the wall as Pieck's Titan crept up to report something. "The scouts are just around the forest. Prepare for battle." She informed while heading back to her position.

"You heard her get ready," Zeke commanded as all of you stood up. You brought your cups together with a small *clink* noise.

"My brave warriors. We will succeed for Marley." He proclaimed while you brought your cup towards your lips.

"Argh! It's hot!" Zeke screeched as he spits out the hot tea from his mouth onto the floor. 'Is tea not supposed to be hot?' You thought while internally rolling your eyes.

After finishing your tea, you, Reiner, and Bertolt headed towards your positions while Zeke and Pieck headed towards theirs.

"If we make it out of this alive, make sure to confess your love for Annie will you?" You teased Bertoltd while a smirk pulled onto the corner of your lips.

"W-what!?! It's not like that I swear!" He yelled defensively while his cheeks flushed red.

"C'mon man, we all see the way you stare at her." Reiner joined in while Bertoltd started shaking his arms in the air while yelling every excuse that came to his head.

"If you save her from that nightmare she might even mistake you for Prince Charming." You teased even more as you turned around to walk away when Reiner nudged your side.

"At least one of us will have our happy ending right? You should be glad I didn't tell war chief Zeke about Eren and you." Reiner's facial expressions changed in a blink of an eye while he narrowed his eyes at you.

Your lips pulled into a creepy smile as you turned around to face him. "Is that a threat I smell? Your one to talk Reiner. Keep your nose out of my business when you have your own tail someone can step on." You stated while smacking the back of his head.

"Right, right. Since when was the last time I saw that smile on your face? Last time you did that you broke Porco's leg for taunting you." He backed away while rubbing the back of his neck. 'Man, this guy's mood swings are worse than mine.' You thought while slowly shaking your head. Smiling at the memory of training you placed your fists on each side of their chests while resting your head between their arms.

"We're going home, and nothing can stop us." You declared as they oust their hands on your back bringing you into a hug.

"We'll become heroes, as we dreamed of back then..." Bertoldt mumbled while rubbing your back slightly.

"No one will look down on us again... and it's our job to make sure the warrior candidates won't either..." You mumbled while leaning into their embrace.

"We need to stay alive for them... because we are their only last hope in being freed from this reality we live in. If we stop this now they won't have to face it later. We need to fight so no more kids will go through this again." Drifting away from the hug you stepped back and gave them a sincere smile.

"We do this for them." They both said in unison as you nodded and headed off to your hiding position.

'War can't be avoided, but losses can. It was my mistake for letting myself drift away from the reality I'm in.

I let love drift me away from my duty, and now I suffer the consequences.

I'm sorry Eren... I brought this nightmare upon you...'

-------------------------

I had some trouble coming up with ideas for the end when chapter 138 released that I had forgotten to post completely! Thank you all for sticking around with this crappy story and thank you for all the hilarious comments, they always make my day! Remember to stay safe and healthy! BUG OUT!

--------------------------