Chapter 2

ANDDDD IM BACK!!! Thank you to the people who are reading this and thanks for your support! I'm going to update daily at night after I'm done with school! So stay tuned!
-----------------

*In training corps*

As the instructor gave us his 'welcoming' speech, boredom got the best of me. I decided to get a look at the other soldiers around me, a couple of people looked competitive while others looked like they would get kicked out the first day.

I continued my spectating while the instructor yelled at some kid for wanting to join the military police. My eyes laid upon a young teal-eyed individual who looked like he was ready to beat-ass at any given moment. He had chocolate brown shaggy hair, bright teal eyes that seemed to capture the beauty of the forest and ocean at the same time...

He seemed familiar...

"YOU! WHAT'S YOUR NAME MAGGOT!" I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts with sudden yelling, the one and only Keith Shadis, as they call him, was standing right in front of me. Staring daggers into my eyes. What a creep...

Ignoring his murderous stare, I stood up straight and brought my right hand onto a fist on my heart, forming a proper salute. "Y/N L/N, SIR! FROM SOUTHEASTERN WALL MARIA, SIR!" I yelled trying to keep my voice from cracking. I closed my eyes, suddenly feeling as if I opened them he would yell some cranky remark about me.

"AND WHAT ARE YOU HERE TO DO, IDIOT." He yelled at me louder than before. I cautiously opened my eyes, feeling his breath on my face. 'Geez someone needs to give the man some mint leaves...'

"IM HERE TO HELP SERVE HUMANITY, SIR!" I yelled back at him, this time returning the daggers straight into his golden eyes.

"HA! A WEAKLING LIKE YOURSELF CAN'T STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES EVEN IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT! I BET YOU'LL BE KILLING TITANS LIKE BREAKFAST WITH YOUR SIZE! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO BE CALLED? THE SMALL TITAN!" He snorted with sarcasm in his tone as I mentally smirked. The fact that he considered me 'small' even though I'm average for a woman my age made me cringe. No one liked being called small, and hell I'm not an exception.

Good one though. I tried my best to keep a straight face until he moved on, but he seemed to read me perfectly. 'Small titan' please, if only he knew.

He waited. And by the passing seconds, I could feel my face getting hot. I was gonna burst. No, no, no, this is bad I'm going to get in trouble, expelled even... but this awkward silence is killing me, I want to burst out laughing!

The stilled silence is too much to bare, he was glaring at me. I simply can't hold it in any longer...

'A miracle, I need a miracle!!!'

My prayers were answered, just as I was about to burst into my laughing fit, he froze and moved on to yelling at a girl who was eating a, well how do I say this... she was eating a... potato? During training? Is she being for real? No. She is in fact. Eating. A. Potato.

Yep. Sasha Blouse, her name, red-looking brown hair tied up in a ponytail as her bangs were left out to frame her face. She had brown eyes that seemed to be filled with a never-ending hunger.

After the introduction, she was told to run until the sun sets and was left with no food privileges for the rest of the day. Poor girl...

I watched her run lap after lap, she seemed to be growing tired. I wondered if I should go get her some water, with the hot sun carving into her skin, she must be dehydrated or at least hungry. Oddly, reminding me of my younger self.