Chapter 49

Woo, I'm alive. Honestly, it had been so long since I had checked Wattpad and it's a year since I started this fanfic and I'm amazed at how many of you love it and enjoy reading it. I'm gonna try updating more often since I don't have that much stuff to do but sit around and I might go back to edit some of the first few chapters since the grammar is a bit bad in those, I'm glad so many of you have stayed here long enough I love each and every one of you!
Question: What is one thing you look forward to in 2022?
--------------

You sat quietly next to Pieck, your hands wrapped around your stomach to stop you from feeling even sicker than you already felt.

All the blood, death, and despair of the millions who were dying this exact moment kept jumping back into your head, clouding your heart with guilt and sadness.

The sound of the aircraft shaking violently covered up the sounds of sniffling and sobs that would have filled the air around you otherwise.

"Our fuel..." Armin commented to Onyakopon who was piloting, "Yes, we were only able to fuel it halfway..."

"Will it be enough to get us to fort Salva?" "I promise you I will get you all there. This flying boat that Hange got us was the commanders' final hope. I will get us to that base. No matter what." Onyakopon promised as his grip on the wheel tightened visibly. "So please, promise me that you will stop the rumbling."

"Yeah... Im counting on you Onyakopon." Armin patted his back before grabbing a piece of mapping paper and a pencil, walking towards a small box in the back to use as a desk before everyone crowded around him like a swarm of bees.

"True, that would be the most effective way to do it. But only if we tried and failed to have a dialogue with Eren. Only if that is the only way to stop him. It's our last resort."

"I'm fine with having a last resort. But Eren is controlling the founder through Zeke, right? Can't we stop the rumbling if we just went and killed Zeke?" Levi suggested as everyone's eyes immediately darted in his direction in realization.

"You know... you might be right..." Armin whispered, "I'm not certain but that was Hanges theory." "We don't know Zeke's location either," Pieck added while side-eyeing Levi. " Then we just have to find that furry bastard in that pile of bones."

"I'll stop Zeke, just lend me your strength." Levi sighed while looking down at his hand that was bandaged and missing two digits. "Captain..." Jean's voice quickly died down as he let out a long sigh before speaking up again,

"Of course, we had to kill hoards of our comrades and allies to get on this flying boat. We can't allow their deaths to be a meaningless slaughter. This is to stop the rumbling. I will do anything it takes."

Connie, standing next to him sighed after taking a long look at both you and Reiner, "I... I shot and killed Samuel and Daz. I sliced up those faces who were most familiar to me. I sliced them until they were unrecognizable and nothing more than two corpses laying on the cement back at the port.

All while they called me a traitor. While they kept telling me they were saving the world." He paused, taking another long look at you before holding his head between his hands, "Hey Y/n, Reiner, you... Bertolt... Annie... it must have been awful for you all."

"Our sins are beyond redemption. I doubt any of us will ever be able to see any peace after everything we caused. Even if we manage to save what's left of humanity."