Chapter 27

Question of the day:
What is the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?
------------

The next day you woke up with a terrible headache due to the liquor from the night before. You were slightly confused about how you got home safely but assumed that Reiner ended up walking you home.

Today the warriors had been called in for a meeting in Zeke's apartment. Supposedly just to share a cup of tea, he said.

You were walking Raza to the warrior training grounds since he had signed up two years before you came back. He still has so much yet to learn, he was a soon-to-be warrior candidate.

You figured that walking him to school would be helpful so he wouldn't have to walk by himself as he looked up at you concernedly ever now and then.

"Alright, what's going on?" You asked while waving at the people who congratulated you for winning the Mid-eastern war.

"It's nothing..." He replied while kicking a small rock as he walked next to you.

"Cmon, something's been bothering you since the morning. You barely even touched your breakfast!" You insisted as he looked up at you with a sad expression.

"How many years do you have left?" He asked while furrowing his eyebrows and fiddling with his uniform. His light green eyes reflected your confused expression as realization dawned upon you.

You looked down at him with a small comforting smile. "Don't worry about it for now. When my time is near I'll make sure to tell you in advance, ok?"

"I became a warrior trainee because Mrs. Braun taught me that memories pass down from Titan shifter to the next, I want to inherit the Stone Titan when the time comes." He smiled.

You smiled back at him as you squatted down to his level and rested your hand on his shoulder.

"I want you to live a long life, you deserve to live a life far away from the battlefield, but if you want to inherit the Stone Titan I won't stop you, you are free to choose what you want to do." You leaned in a placed a kiss on his forehead as you stood back up and walked to the warrior training grounds.

You waved him off as he ran into his classroom, not so long after you left towards Zeke's apartment where the meeting was being held.

"Hey!" You, Porco, call out to you as he caught up to you.

"Good morning!" You greeted him with a smile as he walked next to you.

"Good morning to you too! Did you drop Raza off today?" He asked while looking back at the training grounds.

"Yeah, by the way, can you thank your mother for me. She took care of Raza while I wasn't in Marley and taught him gardening." You informed him as he looked to the side while he scratched the back of his head.

"Maybe you can thank her yourself, she wanted to invite you over for dinner later on..." He blushed.

Today Raza had night school too so he could catch up on his grades so you would be picking him up around two in the morning.

"I'd love to! Does she want me to take anything?" You asked him as he brought his eyes to meet yours.

"Just your presence will be enough."