Chapter 38

Hey there! Sorry for taking so long to update, I got my bottom teeth braces and now my teeth are in pain all over again. I'll try and update as much as I can!
Question: What is your favorite type of flowers?
--------------

"Y/n! Hurry it's almost time for our appointment!" Your mother yelled as you fixed your skirt and moved your hair out of your face.

"I'm almost done!" You yelled back while hurrying to throw on your boots. Your mother had scheduled an appointment to take family pictures at the place near where your father worked so he wouldn't be disturbed for that much time.

You both excitedly walked out of the house to the center. The streets were crowded with families and merchants. The feeling of walking through busy streets always made you feel as if something bug would happen. The feeling of seeing so many people gathered in one place at once.

As the three of you are seated down, with your mother in a chair and your father behind her holding onto her shoulders. You were sitting in her lap while smiling brightly. A bright flash went through as the pictures were taken.

A few months after your father's death and the beginning of your warrior candidate training you and your mother went back to take pictures with your uniforms and armbands. She was proud of you and always told you your father would have been too.

Even after all the accidents and deaths that clouded your family, you clutched the memory of your first pictures deep in your heart. Sometime between after you had arrived from Paradis and before your attempt you took Raza with you for pictures.

He sat on your lap like your child just like you did with your mother and father when the bright flashes went off. He was smiling brightly like a dozen pearls while hugging onto you tightly. Most of those pictures had gone missing as you cleaned the whole house while looking for them.

-

"Eren! Look! Let's go get our portraits drawn!" You squeaked while grabbing his hand and pointing at the small old man who was drawing portraits of couples. He had taken you on a date to the market for you to pick our some dresses but the small drawing stand had caught your attention first.

"If you want to, then let's go." He blushed while pulling you along towards the small stand.

"Such a lovely couple! Your portraits will come out amazing! A beautiful young woman with a strong young lad!" The old man gushed as you sat down in the chair and Eren stood behind you, holding your hand through the whole process.

The result made the two of you look like a recent married couple. Mr. and Mrs. together in one loving marriage. "Thank you! It's stunning!" You breathed while staring at the well-done portrait you were given. Eren gave your cheek a small kiss while walking over to pay for the drawing.

"You are a very lucky man you know! I remember when I first got married." The man sighed while leaning over to give Eren something in secret.

It was another smaller drawing. The two of you were in front of a cabin, with a beautiful background of nature life. In that drawing, the two of you did look like a married couple. It was perfect.

"That one is my gift, for the two of you!" He smiled at Eren while patting him on the back. He planned on keeping that one drawing as a memory.

And later on, he bought a ring that would never be worn.

-

Time seemed to slow down for the past few days. You would spend the day in the tent with Louise who would often stop by to drop off some food and water.

You talked with her to maintain sanity and to stay updated with what was going on in the military.

It seemed that Eren did become someone popular within justice in the walls. Everyone knew his name and chanted it out as if it were to summon the devil himself. He was their devil. Or that was what they called him there.

He would sleep in the same tent as you. Keeping an eye out in case you decided to attempt to run. While you slept his eyes would linger on your sleeping figure.

Being true to himself he knew he missed you, it hurt him deeply seeing the amount of pain you were in.

He would stay up late thinking about how the two of you would dance through the woods as if there was no tomorrow.

Nothing but the love and dreams the two of you held for each other mattered back then. He would cradle you as you drifted off to sleep under a big tree, with that sensation of peace running through his body.

You never questioned the pictures or brought it up to him. The guilt of years ago was being poured back onto you with every second you spent on the island. Especially with him by your side.

Constant reminders.

Constant guilt.

And present feelings.

The days continued to pile up until he finally broke the silence once again. "We will be moving out tomorrow. The military's movements have died down and now their security around Shiganshina is low." He mumbled.

"The scouts will be present that day." He continued as his expression told you that he was debating on what to do.

He sighed while sitting down next to you, "I have to talk to Armin and Mikasa." You immediately perked up while trying to figure what he was trying to say.

"If you are trying to talk to them to ruin your friendship with them then you should forget about it." You glared at him while standing up.

"I am free. I can do what I want." He responded while glaring you down. His eyes narrowed while staring at you.

"Free? To do what get your friends to hate you, and then what? Hm? Is that the freedom you want? Freedom to hurt your friends?" His eyebrows immediately tended as he simply stood up and walked to the front of the tent.

"I don't need a slave like you to tell me what to do." He seethed before exiting the tent. You immediately lunged out after him, the guards outside the tent held you back while you carved holed onto the back of his figure.

"FREEDOM!?! IS THAT ALL YOU THINK ABOUT NOW!?! TELL ME WHO THE REAL SLAVE HERE IS!" You screeched before getting thrown back into the tent.

"Who even are you now..."

--------

GAHHHH! It's been so long since I had updated I'm sorry!!! Thank you to everyone who's sticking around with my bad grammar and mental issues! MAMA LOVES YALL AND STAY SAFE! Bug out!
---------