Chapter 41

So yeah yesterday was a total fail for me and whatnot so I'm gonna spend the night writing this chapter full of sadness :)!
Question: Do y'all want a happy ending or a sad one?
---------

"Hey, are you alright?" Porco asked, extending a hand towards you. Your hands intertwined with his as he helped push you off the warrior's training grounds. "Thank you..." you dusted your training shorts off and turned to give him a thankful smile.

"Training was pretty hard today, right?" Attempting to start a conversation he helped pick out a few twigs from your hair. "Yeah, they're going to be choosing 6 of us soon..." your thoughts faded out into the upcoming tests they would preform on the candidates.

"Who do you think they will choose?" You inquired while he led you off into the direction of the ocean's shore. "You've worked hard these past years, I'm sure they'll pick you. Pieck is really intelligent, Annie is strong in material arts, Zeke is already assigned as a successor... Marcel is quick-witted and Bertolt is highly capable in everything he does... and well me, I'm just cut out exactly for the armored Titan." He beamed while pressing a fish against his chest. Sometimes his big achievements made him seem more tougher than he actually was.

"Where's Reiner in your list?" You asked, eyebrows raised. Surely he thought Reiner was just as capable as you. He was strong... well maybe not as strong as the others... but he showed promise. His written loyalty for Marley was greater than any of the other candidates. If he improved in his intelectual, and physical, state he would pull off the perfect warrior. He was strong minded and many of the other girl candidates adored him.

"Reiner? Pfft. He's not even on my list. He won't make the cut and we all know that. Loyalty is the only thing he has going for him." He sneered while resting a hand on your shoulder. "I believe he is just as capable as everyone else in the program. He just needs quite a bit of improvement in his strength!" You defended while smacking Porco on the back of his head.

You knew what he said was correct... Reiner's loyalty is the only reason he is still in the program. His drive to give his family a better life puts you and him on the same boat. He wants to be able to care for his mother. You want to be able to afford medicine for your mother. Two peas in a pot.

"Yeah, yeah... of coarse you'd say that! You're one of the kindest girls I know! You always defend everyone with everything you've got. Yet you're stubborn when accepting the truth of people." He shrugged while burying his fists deep into the pockets of his shorts. He had a point, you just preferred to help others become better people and Reiner's situation with his father made you want to help him even more.

The two of you walked along the shore of the ocean, birds flying high up in the sky, sand getting stuck on the soles of your feet. "It's kinda hot today, you wanna take a swim? It shouldn't be long till the other candidates get here." He suggested withe unbuttoning his uniform's shirt. You followed his actions and took off your shirt, leaving you in a tank top, "yeah let's go!" Both of you charged towards the water, him stopping in front of you to pull you over his shoulder.

He was a lot more intimidating when he wasn't brining you flowers to training and following you around, helping you take care of your mom. She liked him a lot too. He would take you guys food when you couldn't leave her alone. He would go walk you home when you stayed late in your job. He would hug you and reassure you of anything. To him, he thought you were one of the best people he's had the luxury of meeting.