Chapter 29

Hello! I'm back from my break, I just needed some time to myself!
Question: If you could get rid of a habit you have which would it be?
--------------

After finally getting the courage you and Reiner decided on agreeing to not speak of his attempt. You handed him the basket of apples since the hospital's visit hours were about to end soon. He walked you home to get ready for dinner at the Galliard's house.

"So, Porco is still keen on wooing you?" Reiner asked while walking next to you through the crowded streets.

"Don't frase it like that..." You grimaced at his choice of words.

"Well is he or is he not?"

"He just invited me for dinner on his mother's part."

"Mhm," His voice was uncertain as he snatched an apple from a nearby post without getting caught.

"Stop stealing apples from random merchants, learn some manners." You rolled your eyes as you snatched the apple from his hand and took a bite out of it.

"Right," He snatched the apple back and took a bite from it while side eyeing you.

"Hm, after 4 years you finally decided to go on a date, interesting." A small chuckle left his lips as he bumped slightly into you.

"It's not a date. His mom asked me over for dinner is all." You tried to reason while shaking your head slowly.

"If you say so,"

By the time you arrived at your house Reiner had 3 apples and 2 plums hidden in his uniform's pockets. He ended up gifting you a plum and an apple so you could give them to Raza as a snack when he returns from cram school.

You hopped in the shower after cleaning the whole house throughly. Even the patio and the front yard. You fixed Raza a small lunchbox to drop off before heading to the Galliard's.

"I should probably go get my mail..." You whispered to yourself while fixing the collar on your white button up and straightening your red long skirt.

6:30, it was already a little late and you would have to have at least 15 minutes to drop off Raza's lunch. 'Maybe some other day.' You concluded while grabbing the lunchbox and your wallet as you headed out of the house.

The walk to the training grounds was nice and calm, most of the merchants had already picked up and left. The streets were empty with only a couple of people passing by here and there. The sun was nearly setting as birds flew across the sky to the forest before dark.

A while later you arrived at the warrior training grounds and headed for the office to drop off Raza's dinner before heading to the Galliards. You entered the quiet building as the teachers gave you small waves here and there as you walked by.

"Good afternoon, I came by to drop off dinner for Raza (L/n)." You informed the lunch lady as she gave you a nod and set the small lunchbox in the cupboard where all the others were kept.

As you headed out the building you noticed someone was waiting for you, leaning against the entrance gate.

As the person acknowledged you they turned around and smiled at you. It was Porco.