Chapter 42

Bet y'all didn't expect me to update so soon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Question: what is your favorite season of the year?
---------

Giant boulders were cascading down into the gravel, you had transformed before nearly getting torn apart by the chaos around you. Reiner held Gabi tightly in his left hand, you closely behind them, holding off all the rocks that landed near them. Reiner's Titan was stripped of its armor as soon as the walls began to crumble. "Reiner take Gabi to safety an-" you froze once you became aware that your surroundings had changed.

No longer in Shiganshina, no, now you were in some place that was completely deserted. Sand below your feet. Night sky above your head. You were no longer in your titan form either. You were standing in the middle of what seemed to appear as heaven to you. It was calm. No destruction or war was going on. No bullets or boulders were flying. No death. No nothing.

"Where am I?" You asked yourself while walking towards the giant source of light that was in front of you. It seemed like a giant tree, branches of light spreading across till they faded out. It felt warm. To be in such a quiet place. This seemed like a peace that you hadn't felt in such a long time. "Did I... die?" Millions of thoughts were racing across your head, what if you did?

"Y/n." That voice.

"Eren?"

You turned towards the voice that called your voice. 'The founding Titan is able to control all titans and subjects of Ymir as if sees fit.' You recalled learning that in your training. He did it. He can control you. He can control everything. He can strip you of your titan if he wants. At this moment, you are at his mercy.

"Why did you bring me here?" Was the first question you brought up to him. Why is he choosing to talk? He can destroy the world and no one can stop him. Once the founder starts moving, nothing in the world can stop it. "I want to talk to you." His eyes weren't how you used to see them. You had noticed that for a while now, whenever you stared into his eyes that majestic forest and ocean combination never brought itself to your heart no more.

You had believed that Eren had changed. Others had told you that. Louise. Floch. And every other yeagerist that addressed to you. They all said he changed. Maybe he didn't. Maybe that's just how Eren had been all along. What part of him... had you been seeing. You swallowed the lump that had been forming in your throat. "About what." You stated more than asked. If he was like willing to look you in the eyes, if he was willing to try and it explain what he was doing. If he was willing to tell you, that all of those people HAD to die.

Maybe they were right. Eren had changed. He was no longer the person you fell in love with. He was no longer your Eren. The one you would dance restlessly with at night. The one who you would share all of your secrets with. The one you would fantasize a whole life with. He was no longer the one who would promise you eternal love. He only saw you as the one who ruined his life. A traitor.

It hurt. It hurt so much. Staring into his eyes. Watching him hate you. Watching the one you love, force his way out of your heart. His eyes were dull. Lifeless. Yet full of power. "I don't know." He replied while casting his gaze down at the sand below him. "I don't know. I don't know why I brought you here." His voice cracked slightly at the end of his sentence. "I just wanted to see you." You began to move.

Walk forward.

His head rose once again staring at your eyes expectantly.