Chapter 40

Hello again! It took me some while to finish this chapter because of finals and everything going on in my life but here it is!
Question: If you had the power to control everything around you, what would you do?
-------------

The moonlight was shining through the tall trees that covered the entire forest of the training camp. It was another night that you had snuck off with Eren, he wanted to show you more about Armin's book and the world outside the walls.

His eyes were brightly lit as he led you through the night, holding on to your hand tightly, and holding onto the forbidden book under his other arm. He led you off into the tree that the two of you would usually lay at, always carrying a blanket and a lantern.

Sounds of crickets and fireflies were buzzing all over the forest, creating unique songs that would carve themselves as memories in your heart. Of those beautiful nights, you would spend together.

Where he would pour his heart out to you about the world outside the walls. About how one day, the two of you would marry, create a family together, and explore the world. Those beautiful memories they were...

"We'll explore the world together, right?" He asked over and over again, trying to get reassurance for the future. "Of course we will. Always together." You would reply while leaning in to kiss him.

That forest kept your secrets. That forest kept your promises. That forest kept your love for each other. The love he promised would never die out. The love you both radiated off in.

"I love you..."

"I love you too, always and forever, my dear, my beloved."

-

"I love you...," he confessed while seeking answers hidden in your eyes. You remained quiet, unsure of what to respond to. The last thing you wanted to do is hurt him. After all, he's done for you, he helped you recover after your accident, kept it a secret from Raza so he wouldn't worry. He kept it a secret from the military to avoid your downfall.

He would always look for new ways to help you. Even if it was in small things like helping you cook, clean, or do laundry, he would always be searching for your approval. He never mistreated you or expected anything in return. He put his sadness, madness, and hatred aside himself after finding out what happened to Marcel to avoid upsetting you...

-

"Marcel..." his eyes were wide and unsure. He fought the tears from his eyes as he glared daggers into Reiner, avoiding everyone and keeping his glare on Ymir.

"You... ate him?" His voice was nearly above a whisper, scratchy and hurt. His sadness soon turned to anger as he lashed out at Ymir who was standing, restrained, next to you.

"YOU ATE HIM!?! YOU ATE MY BROTHER!?! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" He screamed over and over as Colt held him back from hurting Ymir. He yelled until his voice slowly died out. Ymir remained quite behind you, her glance was kept on the ground as the military soldiers came and took her away.

The place was silent other than Porco's quiet sobs. You approached him and laid a hand on his shoulder as you leaned in to hug him. "I'm sorry..." You whispered into his ear, "I'm sorry I couldn't protect him." His hold on you tightened, his face quietly buried itself onto the crook of your neck. His breathing calmed down and his sobs were swept away with the wind.