Chapter 20

Hey! How's everyone's day go today? Sorry for the late update, but I've been busy avoiding school work and reading other FFS. I have a couple of great recommendations for ya'll! Check out my bestie @mindfuvked who has written AMAZING and I mean AMAZING Armin x reader FFS! I'll be posting more recs on my feed so look out for those!

(Hange supremacy 🙇‍♀️)

------------------------------------------

"Y/n, darling wake up..." You heard the voice of your mother fill your ears as your eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Mother?..." Your voices cracked as your eyes widened at the person kneeling in front of you.

There she was, your mother was holding your face with her hands as her white button-up was drenched in your blood and her forest green long skirt was dirtied by the ashes from below her. Her hair moved slowly as she stared at you with sad eyes.

"Look at you... all grown up... I can't believe I let you come here, my twelve-year-old daughter now a full-grown lady." She whispered while cupping your face in her soft hands.

"It's you!" You cheered as you leaned in to hug her. The warmth of her body radiated off into your own, helping heal your body.

"I'm so glad you are still fighting for our people back home, we're all so grateful for our brave warriors." She sighed while looking at all of the destruction surrounding both of you.

"No... I've failed my duty as a warrior... I developed feelings for an island devil... I failed my mission when I let my heart make decisions for me. It ended up getting Annie caught simply because deep inside I didn't want to fight Eren." You hesitated as the brim of your eyes filled with tears.

Her eyes burned holes into your eyes while her facial expression shifted to one of horror.

"What do you mean." She gritted her teeth while her hands fell from your face onto her side.

"I let my feelings get a hold of my decisions while fighting him... I wanted him to be safe... if he can learn to control his power then he will live. My decision to let him go back days ago is the reason we are still fighting here." Tears threatening to fall from your eyes your grip on her shirt softened.

"You let yourself develop feelings for one of the devils who left us behind years ago..." Her eyes no longer had any kindness in pooled in them, all that remained was anger and disappointment.

"You betrayed Marley the moment you let your heart roam free. After you worked so hard for us to become honorary Marleyians..." She seethed as rage began to overpower her as she raised her left arm in the air.

A sharp pain was delivered to your left cheek as your eyes enlarged in fear and sadness. It was the first time your mother has laid a hand on you like that. You had expected her to maybe understand what you were going through but her actions said everything you had to know.

"HOW COULD YOU BETRAY MARLEY LIKE THIS! YOU LET YOURSELF FALL IN LOVE!?!" She gritted her teeth while lifting her hand in the air once more.

Before she could lay her hand on your face again you snatched her arm in mid-air.

"This isn't real." You felt her breath hitch as you forcefully pushed her arm away from your healing body.

"This is my imagination of what you would say, isn't it?..."

"You are dead."

"You would never say things like this."

"I want my real mother back."