Chapter 9

Hello, how's everyone's night or day going so far? Did you guys eat something today? Did you get enough sleep? If you did, I'm proud of you! LET'S GET ON WITH THE STORY!
-----------------

You were sitting on your bed staring at the ceiling. Today Eren gets taken back to court. And Annie's cover is going to be blown. You still aren't quite sure of this since they kept the situation very private. You, Reiner, and Bertolt were put into a different squad than everyone else.

It seems like everything is slowly coming to the light. It will only be a matter of time till the truth comes out.

Many soldiers were sent to Stohess District today. You weren't one of them sadly. It's like if they're preparing for something big to happen. And a gut feeling is telling you that Annie might not be able to make it back home.

You quickly sit up, get out a piece of paper and start writing a letter to her. Honestly, you didn't know if she would be able to get to read it but it was worth a try.

________________________________

Dear Annie,

I know it's dangerous to send letters around like this but please be careful. You might not even be able to read this but I'll try to get it to you one way or another.

I want you to know that I've talked to Reiner and he permitted me to help you if you get into trouble at Stohess. I'll transform if you in trouble and I'll try to help you. I can't promise I will be able to save you but I'll try.

It'll be hard to fight Eren... and you know that I don't want to... but my duty as a warrior comes first. If only we had met at a different time maybe we would be able to have a forever together.

I've noticed that you have a thing for Arlert too. Honestly, I didn't think that he would be your type but I guess I was wrong. It'll be two of us that'll get our hearts broken right?...

I'll try to be as careful as I can. I told the higher-ups a lie that I'll be visiting my family in Yarckel District and they gave me the day off.

Please take care Annie... you promised me that we'll return to our families together... I won't be able to look your father in the eyes and tell him that I left you behind... that is if I even make it alive as well.

With love, Y/n L/n

Please take care...

________________________________

You signed the letter, folded it up, and stuck it under your bed. Soon everyone should be back and if they caught you writing suspicious letters things wouldn't come out so great.

A cold breeze went by the room as something pushed you to go outside. You grabbed your belongings and headed towards Stohess.

"Hey y/n, are you going to go visit family at Yarckel District?" Diana asked you as both of you were leaving the girl's barracks.

"Yeah, I have some distant family members that are from there so I was thinking about paying them a visit!" You lied as both of you walked to the horses.

Lots of other scouts were also going to go visit their families and most of them were going to Orvud District so no one would follow you nor suspect that you went toward Stohess. At least you didn't think they would.

You got on your horse and headed your way towards Stohess District. Diana got on her horse and headed towards Ovurd District. You both said your goodbyes as you rode off into the distance.

For you, it wouldn't be that long of a ride since you were planning on transforming halfway to make it faster for you to get there.

The closer you got the more roars and screams were heard.