Chapter 24

I ended up getting my braces today and all I have to say it even hurts to talk so I might update more due to me spending my day in my room or I won't update for a while to get more sleep. Also, it's April now... ya'll better not tell me any lies, or I will bury myself 6ft under -_-

(especially if you're blond and play the violin)
--------------

You ended up walking towards where Reiner was recovering after Zeke wasted your time. What was his deal anyway? For the past months, he's said that he wanted to talk with you about something but calls it off whenever others are near.

Not that you completely trusted him to be serious about anything. It seemed as if ever since you met him he's told lie after lie. Hiding behind that act of 'boy wonder' just because of his special ability is that he's still the beast Titan.

As you approached where the others were you heard muffled chattering, when you opened the door it revealed Reiner getting up from the bed as Porco was eating a sandwich and Pieck was laying on the bed.

"What were you guys chatting all excitedly?" You teased while a huge sarcastic smile decorated your face. Porco grunted and returned to his sandwich as Pieck began explaining.

"Pock was bulling the man that just took artillery to the face." She replied with a smirk. You walked over to Porco and slapped the back of his head playfully and sat down next to Reiner.

"That's not true. I simply reminded him that if I had been chosen as the armored, we wouldn't have lost my brother and two of the greatest Titan shifters. I also told you not to call me that Pieck!" He stated as his face flushed.

You let out a breathed laugh while holding onto the side of your stomach as he rolled his eyes and continued snacking on his sandwich.

"I may have left for over 6 years but I know you well enough to know that you would pick on him like you used to back in the day." You replied while letting your back fall against the warm bed.

"What!?!" Porco exclaimed while wiping the breadcrumbs off his left cheek.

"Man, I'm so tired... all Zeke did was waste my time. In the end, he didn't say anything because Colt was tagging along." You mutter as you slid your hand down your face in an exhausted manner.

"Really? He might have wanted to talk about a new mission." Pieck suggested while you let out a cough.

"Doubt it. Anyways, Reiner, you should go say hello to the kids. After all, they've been very worried about you." You stated as you sat up and patted Reiner on the shoulder.

"Yeah, I'll go right now." He uttered as you stood up.

"Yeah, well while you change I'll go say hello. After all, it's been a while since I said hi to the kiddos." Before leaving you made sure to mess up Porco's neatly styled hair as well you heard his complaint once you left the room, while Pieck giggled in the background.

You let out a tired yawn while walking to where the young candidates were happily chatting along amongst each other.

"Hey, kids!" You waved to them as their faces lit up and ran towards you.

"Miss Y/n!" They exclaimed while Gabi and Zofia gave you a tight hug.

"Awww look at you kids! You're all grown up! The last time I saw the four of you, you were barely toddlers!"

Your face lit up as you remembered babysitting Gabi once with Reiner, Falco when Colt had to go to work, Zofia when her mom would go to her doctor's appointments, and Udo when his mom would go out looking for a job.

All of them were sweet kids, even when Gabi did have her sudden spurts of energy and would become all competitive she would still manage to be a sweet confident kid.

"Miss Y/n! Have you seen Vice Cheif Braun?" Udo questioned, with worry-filled in his voice as the others gave you concerned looks. You simply ruffled his hair and gave them all a warm smile.

"Yes, he healed just fine. It's gonna take more than that to bring him down! Trust me! He should be here anytime so-"

"You called," Reiner spoke behind you as all the kids ran up to him.

"REINER!" Gabi called out while pouncing on him but freezing a moment before to make sure he was alright.

"It's ok for you to walk!" She yelled while giving him a hug.

"Yep. How about you? Everyone all right?" He asked them while patting each of them on the head.

"Did you hear! We get to go back to headquarters in Liberio!" She yelled as you winced at the volume of her voice. One thing about Gabi that throws people off is that her voice is loud, like loud, sometimes it reminds you of a certain someone.

"We get to go home!" She exclaimed while jumping up and down.

"LET'S WALK AROUND UNTIL THEN! WE DONT GET MANY CHANCES LIKE THESE!" She excitedly grabbed onto your and Reiner's hands as she let you both into the small city.

"Shouldn't Mr. Braun and Miss Y/n be resting?" Falco questioned while Gabi shot him an offended look.

"MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO REST!" She claimed as you and Reiner reassured them that it was alright to go check out the city.

"Let's go to that store Commander Magath went into earlier!" Zofia suggested as they all began walking to the nearby store.

The kids began arguing as usual when you saw Reiner's expression change. You looked at the kids when you noticed what he saw...

They were just like you all were back then. It was the same thing all over again, Reiner saw what you saw in those kids, the past.

"Wait." Reiner froze as he looked ahead at them mortified. The kids froze and looked at him with concern.

"You aren't old enough to be going into that store." Reiner cleared his throat as he leads the way back to a more child-friendly store.

"Awwww." They all whispered in unison.

From behind you, you could feel someone burning holes in the back of your head but when you turned around no one was there. Was someone playing a trick on you? That same person followed you throughout the rest of the day.

Their stare carving holes into your figure as you tried your best to concentrate on showing the kids around. As you were walking Gabi and Zofia to the ladies' restroom you felt those eyes following your every move.

"I'll wait for you two out here, ok?" You asked as they nodded and headed into the restroom. You managed to catch a glimpse of who was stalking you, they seemed to be hidden in a crowd.

All you remember seeing before they disappeared back into the crowd were...

Teal eyes.

------------

TUN TUN TUN!!!

:3

------------