Chapter 3

HELLO! I'm back, so I'm going to update every night since that's the easiest time for me to write and publish! Thank you and let's get on with the story!
----------------

It's been a couple of months since we've infiltrated in the military. I can't say that I'm having the worst time of my life because... I enjoy it here. I made some new friends and I feel welcomed somewhere for the first time in my life. As other recruits have left, others have stayed.

My time around here is spent around Sasha, Connie, and Jean. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin as well are very kind people. As far as I've noticed none of these people look like 'devils' like the books in Marley described. They were described as being savages, ruthless.

The 'king of the walls' hasn't reacted in any way yo wall Maria being breached. I expected to be attacked the second we got here by him, that he would protect his people the way we Marley eldians protect each other, but he seems to be kept in the shadows. As of now we are eating in the mess hall, loud and noisy as usual. Reiner hasn't said anything about when or how we will conduct our next attack to at least try to get a reaction of the founding Titan.

He seems to be getting friendly with the recruits as well. He doesn't seem like himself anymore... more like Marcel, from what I've seen, and discussed with Annie and Bertoldt.

He's acting more reliable, honest, and caring. Almost like an older brother would... Porco would most definitely flip if he continues this behavior, acting like Marcel, when we get home. If we get home.

"Hey Y/n you gon' eat that?" My thoughts were interrupted with Sasha's crazy food antics. Her checks were dusted with slight pink and drool escaped from the corner of her mouth. I shook my head reluctantly and slid my plate of porridge over to her, eyes lighting up as if she had been given some five star restaurant 4-course meal.

"I think I'm gonna hit the hay, after all the training we did today, I feel like I'm gonna knock out anytime now." - a yawn escaped my lips- "I'm exhausted." I informed while recalling the ODM gear training we had. Lots of people passed with no difficulties... except Eren.

He had lots of problems with balancing, and after being yelled at by the commandant, he was give one last day to make the cut. Worst comes to worst he would be sent to the fields with the others who didn't fit the expectations to be a soldier. I honestly felt bad for the guy. With the guts he had, if only he had the strength. Reminds me of my younger self.

I stood up, excused myself, and walked out of the mess hall, leaving Sasha ti devour my food. While approaching the girl's barracks, stubble noises w re heard coming from the training fields. Almost as if someone were to be crying.

The closer I got to the subject of the sound, I caught a glimpse of someone. Tall, lean, body punching the tree that was closed to them. The closer I got to them the sooner I recognized the strange figure.

"Eren? Is that you?" Once confirming that if was indeed, Eren Jeager, I jogged towards him to see if he was injured. He soon realized my approach, quickly stood up straight and wiped the tears that fell from his eyes.

"Y/n?" -he paused for a moment before clearing his throat- "No, no, no I wasn't crying I was just..." he replied hesitantly, pain infiltrated in his voice. I reached out for a handkerchief and set it on his hand. One of my hands remained on his shoulder, while the other one wiped the remaining tears from his face.

Seeing him like this broke my heart. No one should be alone crying in the dark. Especially him, he had the brightest spirit of all of us and had the most motivation to make a change in this cruel world they knew.