We Can't

Jay's POV

 I put on Mean girl because the movie is bae. About 20 minutes passed by. I noticed Sal looking at me. "what?" i said. He then pressed his lips against mine. I pulled away after like 10 seconds. "Dude?" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"I-um, I'm sorry, i shouldn't have done that" "Damn right you shouldn't have done it, Jules is my best friend"  "I know and i'm sorry" "I gotta go" I grabbed my stuff and left. "Jay!" i heard. I turned around and saw him coming towards me. "You can't tell me that you have never felt anything between us" I was about to say something but then hesitated.

"Tell me you have never ever felt feelings for me and we will forget this ever happened" I hestitated again. The truth i did once have feelings for Sal. For a while actually, a long while. It was from a month after him and Jules started dating.  I liked him for about 4 months. A little part of me still likes him.

He was a person who has always been there for me no matter what. That person who wouldn't say "I can't do this right now" whenever i was going through something. He was always there. That's why i always liked him. But i can't like him. I couldn't do that to Jules. She loves him, She'd never forgive me.

"Waiting" Sal said. I still didn't say anything. He stepped closer to me. "Still waiting" He got closer to me to where his body was just inches away from mine. "You can't think of anything can you?" I nodded "Yea well neither can i" He leaned in to try and kiss me. I almost gave in and kissed him too.

"No" i said backing away. "We can't" i said stuttering my words. "Thi-This can't happen" "Says who?" "Goodbye Sal" I ran to my car and left. I drove back to Pete's. "Hey" i yelled. " I'm Upstairs" he yelled back "Hey" "Hey" he got up and kissed me.

I didn't feel so confident about kissing him. I just thought about liking someone else. How could i do that? I love Pete, I'm in love with Pete. "You Okay?" "I'm Good" "You sure?" "Yea, just thinking" "about what?" "Nothing, I'm gonna go get In the shower"

I woke you the next morning. Finally it was Saturday. I woke up around 11. I got breakfast and watched some TV. Pete however was still asleep.  I got a text from Jules.

Wanna go to the movies?
Yea sure. I texted back.
If I stay? At 1:35?
I'll be there

I got up and put on Ed Sheeran shirt with Blue skinny jeans and sneakers. I got into the car and put on the song I don't want to be by Gavin Degraw((A/N: Just in case you haven't noticed, I love Gavin degraw))

The song always told me to be nothing but yourself.

I drove to the movies and waited for Jules.

"Hey!" I turned around and saw her.

"Hey" "Can we wait for a few more minutes? We gotta wait for Sal" The fuck? "Sal is coming?" I said "Yea he said he wanted to come" Oh shit.

Sal showed up about 5 minutes later. "Hey" She said. They kissed while his eyes were looking me during it. "Hey Jay" "Sal" At least I acknowledged him. I thought about not even talking to him.

We bought some popcorn and candy went in. Sal sat between the two of us.

We were about 40 minutes into the movie.

Sal reached for popcorn the same time I did. Our hands touched, We looked at each other and moved quickly. 

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom" I said.

"Jay" I saw Sal behind me. "What are you doing out here dude?" "I told Jules I was going to the bathroom as well" "Dude go back inside and be with your girlfriend" "She's not the one I want" he whispered.  He got closer to me. "Come over later" he said. I gave him the what-the-fuck look. "Just come over and We can talk about all of this" "I'll think about it" "Come on Jay" "I said I will think about it" "Okay" he went back into the movie theater.

I went to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. "Jay what are you doing?" I took a deep breath and went into the bathroom stall. 

As I was in the stall. Through the crack((A/N: *laughs* sorry im a very inappropriate person)) I saw someone in a black hoodie. Then i saw them leave. Before i knew it, there was what looked like smoke everywhere. I got out of the stall quickly. I started coughing. I started to feel dizzy. I felt like I was about to pass out. I fell to the ground. As I know I was about to pass out. I see someone come into the bathroom.

~5 minutes later~

"Jay?" I heard a voice that sounded like it was miles away. But the voice was right next to me, as I finally opened my eyes, I saw Sal and Jules at my side.  "Hey" they both said. It took me a while to get my words out. "Hi" I finally said. "Are you okay?" Sal asked. "Do you remember what happened?"

"I remember smoke being everywhere, and me passing out" I remember everything, i also remember seeing a black hoodie. "Who would do that though?" Of course.

"Well thank God Jules found you" Sal said. I grinned. Sal helped me off the ground.  "Alright let's go back and see the movie" i said. "Are you sure?" Jules asked. "Yea I'll be fine" We went back and finished the movie around 4. We went to Jules house for about 3 hours. Me and Sal went home at the same time. I opened Pete's door. "Hey" he was sitting on the couch with his keyboard in front of him. I kissed him.  I put all my stuff on the couch. And went into the kitchen.

Pete's POV

As Jay went into the kitchen, her phone kept ringing. I then saw a text. You coming over? The text said.

Jay came back into the room. I help up the phone. "Why is Sal asking if you're coming over?"

Jay's POV

"Why is Sal asking if you're coming over?"

All I could think was oh shit.

"Why are you looking through my phone?" I said in a mean tone.

"I asked you first" "And?" I said back. "Stop changing the subject" Pete said. "Are you cheating on me?" "How could you think that?" I said. I grabbed my keys and went out the door.

I knocked on the door. "Hey" he said. I immediately kissed him and he closed the door behind us.