Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying

"Shut up" he whispers to me. "Let me go or I'll tell"
"Who you gonna tell? Who is gonna believe you?" I hit in the stomach with my elbow and I run in my room, closing my door. "Jay you can't stay in there forever!" I put on my pants and shoes, grab my jacket and climb out the window. I run as fast as I can to get away from the house. I go to Jules's knock on the door. I see Jules and Sal standing there when the door opens.

"Hey Jay" Jules said. "Jay what's wrong? you're sweating like a pig" Sal said to me. "Jay what happened?" "You guys gonna ask questions all day or let me in?" I said to them.
They let me in and I sat on the couch.

"Jay did something happened with your mom?" Jules asked. "Not exactly" I said.
"Matt tried to rape me, but he didn't I got away." "Are you Okay?" Sal asked as he sat next to me. "I'll be Okay"
"You understand that we have to go to the police right?" "We can't, I have no proof."

"Then we'll get proof, Okay we will bring this bastard down" "Okay?" He said after. "Okay"

"Jules do you think I can stay here tonight?" "Yeah of course"
"Well I guess that means I am leaving. See you guys tomorrow" Sal said. "Bye"

"Jay wake up" Jules said as she keeps pushing me. I pull the covers over my head. "Jay get up before I stick my foot up your ass"
Jules let me borrow her Nirvana shirt, I put it on with my pants, heels, and my leather jacket. Jules then gave me a ride to school. "Alright let's go to first period" she said to me. We headed to English and sat down. "Hey." I turn around and see Bobby. "Hey"
"Have you seen jill?" He asked. "Nope"

We were interrupted by Mr. McGuire as he started talking. He had a sad face as if he was about to tell us devastating news. "Have anyone of you watched the news last night?" He asked.
Everybody responded with 'no'
"Well we lost a student to a murder."
Sal raised his hand. "Who?" Sal asked. "Jillian" My eyes go wide and I started crying.

"Do you know when the funeral is?"

"Sunday" I turned around to Bobby.
He was crying just as much as I was. "We should probably go talk to her parents tomorrow".I said holding his hand. "Okay" he said.

After class I called mom and told her about Jill, she picked me up early and drove me home.
We got inside the house and Matt was sitting on the couch. I couldn't stand to look at him.

"Hey Jay me and Matt need to talk to you about something" "What?" Matt stood up and she went to stand next to him. His hands around her waist. She held up her hand and I saw a ring. An engagement ring.

Oh, you can not be fucking serious.

"We're getting married!" I looked at Matt and he winked at me. I looked back at my mom "Are you fucking kidding me?"
"What?" "My best friend was just murdered and all you can think about is that stupid ass ring on your finger?"

"Jay don't talk to your mother like that" Matt said to me

"You don't tell me what to do, you are not my father!" I ran upstairs, locked my door and went to sleep early.

I woke up Saturday Morning and put on a shirt and some sweats. I grabbed my keys, got in my car and went to pick up Bobby.

We then went to Jill's house. I knocked on the door and Mrs. Valichka opened the door."Hi" we both said to her.
"Hey guys come in." "How are you?" I asked her.

"I'm good, grieving, but good. But I think the really question is how are you guys, I mean you were her best friend and you were boyfriend." "I'm not gonna lie, I'm not good" I
"I'm Okay"" Bobby told her. "Oh and Jay we were wondering if you would sing at the funeral tomorrow?" "Yeah I guess so." "Great the funeral is 2 o'clock" her eyes start to water.