Needed A Drink An Hour Ago

As the principal behind the podium makes his speech. I zone out. Zoning out, thinking about this school. What has happened. Who has been gone. Who I've lost. Oh how I miss Jill. We always wanted to walk out of here together. I look around and to the really far right of me. I see Loren. She looks at me and waves with a grin on her face. "Hi" I mouth.

Suddenly everyone starts clapping and I'm back. I clap with them acting as if I was paying attention. Our Valedictorian gets up to make a speech. Salvador Phillips. Or as I know him. Sal.

"Hello fellow classmates, teachers and Adminstrators. Guys, we're finally here!" Everyone starts clapping. "I know you probably expected a long speech. But I will not be up here long so bare with me" "Dr. Seuss once said, 'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.' I have chosen to this quote today because it goes with what I am about to say. How? You may ask. Well guys, let's see we are in charge of our lives from now on. We are in charge of our education now. We decide whether we do this or that. We say to ourself, 'hey do I see myself as a lawyer? A teacher? A musician?'. We ask ourselves these questions and do these things to keep us in a certain direction. To keep us in the right direction. Are we all going to go down the wrong street once in a while? Of course. That's expected. We will fall, but we will not fade. The goal is to get back up and face it. Face that I, you, we, all have to depend on ourselves now. And everybody? I think we can do a pretty damn good job at it. Congratulations class of 2015. After four years. We're finally here, go wildcats!" Everybody claps and whistles and yells his name. "Thank you!"

Finally they start giving out the diplomas. "Loren Acomb." The principal called up Loren. Then came like some other people who I don't know of. I don't pay attention.

"Brett Mason." Brett went up to the podium shook the principal's looking fine as ever to be honest. "Zachary Pantle." Yassss my fucking babe. I clapped and yelled "Zac!!" "Salvador Phillips." I clapped and looked back at Pete, who was clapping and looking at the stage. "Dan Tanner." (( lol throwback to full house. I'm such a loser )).

"Jaylyn Taylor." I stood and moved my hips in a little dance right after. Thank god! I practically ran up to the stage. "Congratulations." I hugged the principal. "Thank you." "Yeah jay!" I knew it was Brett or Sal. They sound practically the same. I came off the stage and went in front of the photographer and pose for a picture.

We were supposed to go off to the side where the other teachers are and hug them. There was not much at all. I hugged Ms. Heller, Mr. Mitchell, Ms. Galgano, Morgera, ugh, Morgera I just want to hit her in the face, then came Pete. I hugged him and in my hear he whispers "Congratulations." I loosen myself from the hug and grin and head back to my seat. They call up the rest of the people. "Now we will have a song from Miss Jaylyn Taylor." Yup I was asked to sing so let's get this over with. (( play video))

I always knew this day would come
We'd be standing one by one
With our future in our hands
So many dreams so many plans

I always knew after all these years
There'd be laughter there'd be tears
But never thought that I'd walk away
With so much joy but so much pain
And it's so hard to say goodbye

But yesterday's gone we gotta keep moving on
I'm so thankful for the moments so glad I got to know ya
The times that we had I'll keep like a photograph
And hold you in my heart forever
I'll always remember you

Another chapter in the book cant go back but you can look
And there we are on every page
Memories I'll always save
Up ahead only open doors
Who knows what we're heading towards
I wish you love I wish you luck
For you the world just opens up
But it's so hard to say goodbye

Yesterday's gone we gotta keep moving on
I'm so thankful for the moments so glad I got to know ya
The times that we had I'll keep like a photograph
And hold you in my heart forever
I'll always remember you

Everyday that we had all the good all the bad
I'll keep them here inside
All the times that we shared every place everywhere
You touched my life
Yeah one day we'll look back we'll smile and we'll laugh
But right now we just cry
Cause it's so hard to say goodbye

Yesterday's gone we gotta keep moving on
I'm so thankful for the moments so glad I got to know ya
The times that we had I'll keep like a photograph
And hold you in my heart forever
I'll always remember you

They clap and I'm back to my seat. "Class of 2015 please stand." Please grab your tassels and move them to the left." "Congratulations 2015! You did it!" Everybody screamed, including me. Caps went everywhere. Screams were loud as ever. Just a normal graduation.

"Hi Jay." I turned around an it was Loren. "Hey." I smiled. "I wanted to apologize-" "No. I was in a bad time when I dropped and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken it out on you." "Well in all fairness i was a bitch." I held two fingers. "Maybe a teeny weeny bit." She laughed. "So we're good?" "Just hug me." I said. "By the way I heard about the accident. How are you doing?" "Good actually. A little pain but I'm not complaining." "Alright good. I gotta go but nice talking to you." I saw zach and yelled and jumped into him. Literally. "Ready for this party?" "Ready? Ha. I needed a drink an hour ago."