This Isn't You

Jay's POV

Waking up Sunday morning was really hard. I didn't want to get up. At all. All I really wanted to stay in bed and cry. Which was really weird because I was never the type of girl to cry over a guy. I was always the girl to shrug it off and say 'Fuck it'.

Crying over a guy was just not me. Or so I thought. But I knew I had to get up if I was going to get over this. I can't keep crying over Pete. I've done too much of that already. Too much.

Looking at my clock, and see it's two in the afternoon. It sure didn't feel like it. But maybe that's because I've been in bed all day. I get out of the bed and go into the bathroom. Staring into the mirror, I see my eyes puffy and red, and bags under my eyes. I caress the bags under my eyes and wonder

'Why is my life such a fucking mess?'. I wash my face and brush my teeth and leave the bathroom.

Grabbing my phone, I see texts from Jules. 'Dress shopping?'

'Um for what??' I text back.

'Prom dumb ass, it is in a week ya kno'

Holy shit, i forgot.

'Suck my dick? i'll meet u at the mall around 4'

'Eat my ass?'

I got into the shower for like an hour. Yes, I take long showers. Who doesn't? When I got out it was 3:25. I opened my drawer and found my shorts and my Sold my soul for rock and roll sleeveless shirt.

Right after putting on my converses, I grabbed my car keys and go downstairs. "I'm going out!" I yell about to go out the door but I get stopped. Lisa starts talking to me. "You Okay?" "Yeah, Thanks for last night you really made me feel better" "No problem" I smiled and went out the door. Getting in to my car. I start the car an lean back.

I hit the steering wheel again, and again. Harder and Harder. Yelling in frustration. I rested my head on the steering wheel, breathing heavily. After calming down I finally start driving and meet Jules at the food court.

"Hey ass wipe" she puts her arm through my arm and we started walking. "Hey asshole" I say back. "You Okay?" God I hate that damn question. She knows that. Why the fuck would she ask that?

"Yeah I'm fine" I grinned. "That look on your face is not you being fine, that is you being pissed off." I raised my eyebrows. "What? I don't know if you remember but i have known you for four years. I know you well by now"

"Like i said, i'm fine" I could tell she knew that to stop by the tone of my voice. We went into FYE to get a few things and then we went to look for dresses. Walking around the store, i'm thinking about what kind of dress i want. Something black, not too sparkly but a little, kind of like a gown.

Then i found it. ((Picture)) The top of the dress was kind of like a bustier, with silver all over it. The rest of the dress was long and all black and flows. I liked it a lot. I knew i would be able to fit it so there was no point in trying it on. I grabbed the dress and went to find Jules.

She was still looking for her dress. While she was looking, i was in la la land. Thinking about Pete. Thinking about the woman who calls herself my mother. Both reasons why i am going to San Diego. Mostly my mother though.

I love Pete. I love him so much. But It would cause so many problems, more than it already has. I need to leave. Not just for me, but for him too.

Jules finally found her dress after like 25 years and we went to inside of the pizza place 'Cafe Rivera'. Which was not that far from the place we went to get our dresses. We sat down and ordered pizza and mozzarella sticks. "So you never told me where you we're going" she said looking at her phone.