Payback

Jay's POV

Pete drove us back to his house.  I was soaking wet. "Here" Pete tossed me one of his white button up shirts and swearpants. "I actually should start getting home" "Babe, A storm is about to come, you're not going anywhere"

I put on the shirt and sweatpants. We went back downstairs. "Babe I need your help" he grabbed his guitar from the other side of the room and sat on the couch. "With what?" "A song, me and the boys are working on" "I need help with the chorus" "Let me hear the lyrics" he grabbed his notebook and showed me the lyrics.

Then I told him to play it on guitar. "Gimme" I took the guitar from him and started singing the lyrics I came up with in my head.

But there's a light on in Chicago 
And I know I should be home
All the colors of the street signs
They remind me of the pickup truck
Out in front of your neighbor's house

"You came up with that in 5 minutes?" He said sounding shocked. "I'm a genius" I gave him a peck on the lips and gave him back the guitar. "You guys come up with a name yet?" "Nope" he said while strumming the strings.  He then put his guitar down.

Pete pulled me onto his lap, so my legs were on both sides of his waist. "Mark told me he tried to talk to you about to you about the babies" Of course he did.

"Is there anything you guys don't tell each other?" I asked being curious. "We tell each other everything" "I can see that" "So what do you want to eat?" I said trying to change the subject. "Stop trying to change the subject" "Babe you need to talk to me about this"

"I don't need to do anything" "Jay, you may walk around here like everything is all Rainbows and Unicorns with your friends at school, but I see right through you.We need to talk, about everything"

"Everything?" "Everything. About Tony, about the babies, everything" "And we will, just not now" I kissed his nose and went back into the kitchen to get something to drink. When I got back we heard a buzz. Pete answered the door and we saw that it was Alaric.

Just my fucking luck.

"Hi son" he said then turning towards me and cocked his smile again. "Hello Jay" I muttered hello and turned on the TV in order to ignore him without being completely rude. But then Pete picked up the remote and turned it back off. Oh here it goes.

"Dad what are you doing here?" "Oh I was just in the neighborhood and wanted to stop by" I rolled my eyes as I heard what he said still staring at the TV. "So Jay how are you doing?" They both sat down.
Oh he was talking to me? Hmm well I was pretty fucking great until you came back into my life randomly. But other than that everything is peachy keen.

"Oh, Uh, I'm good" Pete got up and went to the bathroom. I wanted to strangle him for leaving me alone with him. But then again he didn't know anything about us.

"What are you doing here Alaric?" I whispered in a hush tone. "Seeing my son" he said very matter-of factly. I supposed that's true. Pete had told me they weren't that close but they didn't not get along. "Oh"
He smiled at me. "I love when you have your blond moments" I rolled my eyes. "And when you do that"

"Alaric stop, seriously. I am over you. What happened was a mistake. I was fifteen years old. I was naive and wanted to be loved more. That's all it was. And plus you're back with your wife" "So if I left my wife again, I could have you?" He made a curious look. How the hell did he get that from what I just said? Ugh!

"No! What the hell is wrong with you?" I said fast. "Even if you left her again, i would not come to you. I love pete" I said rude and hastily hoping be would get the fucking point.