I Began To Lose Control.

A/n: don't play video yet. Btw picture above is Kate Voegele who is supposed to be Jay.

Jay's POV

Friday night, Mark came over for a little bit. "She cheated on you?" I whispered. "Yup. With one of my best friends" "I even wrote a song about her. Can I see your guitar?" "Go ahead ugly" he got up. "Hoe" he said back. "Slut" "Dick prick" "You know what Mark? Fight me!" He grabbed the guitar. "I will after this" he nodded. "Okay, everyone this is a song I wrote for my ex girlfriend. " he played a few chords really quickly and then said....."Bitch!" I clapped my hands slowly. "Thank you everyone." He put the guitar back. "Wow. True songwriter right there" "I know right"

"But I don't hate her or anything, I told her I'm always here for her even if we are just friends." "aww sweet"

He put his hand to his heart as if he was offended. "Did you call me sweet?" "Maybe. What are you going to do about it?" "You know I think I will fight you" he said.  "Come at me!" I plucked him in the forehead. He hit me on the thigh. "Ow! Damn" I hit him in the arm. He went to hit me and I put my hand up waiting for him to hit me again and we both froze. "Truce?" He smiled. I put my hand down and he hits me anyway. "You're Rude"

"That's not what she said last night!" he raised his eyebrows and took the remote. "I'm turning on Friends on Netflix" he turned it on and we started singing. "So no one told you life was gonna be this way! Your job's a joke, you're broke, Your love life's DOA!" we both laughed.

"So you're going to your prom tomorrow right?" "Yeah why?" "No reason. Got a date?"

Should I tell him about Brett?

"Um no" I lied. "You need a ride?" "No, I'll be good" "So, are you going to talk to Pete before you leave?" I thought to myself for a second. "Um, I can't"  "Why? He'll be hurt if you don't" "Yeah Well he's already hurt me so!" I snapped. "I can't see him Okay? It's too much. If I see him, I will probably try to stay, and I need to get far from Chicago." "Okay" he said.

About fifteen minutes later, I got a text.

Both brothers huh? How good is Mark in bed??

Can you Guess who it was from?

I looked out the windows. "Jay is something wrong?" Ignoring Mark and still Looking, I see absolutely no one out there. How the fuck? I look at the ceiling corners. I see something sticking out of the one near my closet. "Mark you gotta go" "um Okay, I'll talk to you later" he grabs his stuff and leaves. Going outside my room, I find Ryan's toolbox and grab a hammer, grab a chair and go back to the room. After getting on the chair, I noticed there was crack in the ceiling right near the corner. I started hitting the the corner with the hammer hard. Than I notice the the tiny little camera not too far from the crack. I pick it up and hold it in front of my face. "I'm not that fucking stupid! Mother." I broke the camera with the hammer and put it down.

"Jay!" Ryan bursts into my room. "Why do you have my hammer?" I freeze. "Uh no reason" I fake smile. He takes it and leaves the room. I patch up the ceiling because of the hole and paint over it.

~Saturday~

After I re-dyed my hair again because the color was fading. I curled it and let it hang down.

I look at myself in the mirror and put on my masquerade mask. Which I don't understand why I'm wearing one because people will know who I am by my hair color but apparently you have to wear it because of the theme. "Jay, Brett's here!" Quickly, I put on my silver heels and went downstairs. "Hi" I grinned. He looked at me up and down. "Wow. You look beautiful" I smiled. "Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself" He wore exactly what i described and Honestly he looked hot, no joke. Like seriously, he looks sexy. Marisol takes a picture of us on my phone and his. "You ready?" He smiles at me. "Yeah"

We get into his car and went to the school.

We got in and saw a bunch of people with masks on. I have no idea who anybody is under those masks. After getting in, Jules and Zac found me. "Sup hoes" I say. "Hi bitch" they say at the exact same time, which made me smile. "Jay, can we talk for a sec?" Jules puts her arm around me and pulls me away. "You didn't tell me you were coming with Brett?" "I didn't know I was until a day ago" "You like him?" She asks. "I don't know. A part of me wants to be with Brett and another..." "another?" "Pete" I sigh. "You want him back" she grinned. "My head is saying 'Fool, forget him' and my heart is saying 'Don't let go" she nodded. "It'll be okay" she took my hand in hers. "Want to know why it's going to be Okay?"

"Why is it going to be okay?" "Because we look hot, and tonight we are going to have fun, and dance our asses off, and you will forget all about him. You good with that?" I smiled. "Yeah let's go"

We went to the dance floor and danced to (One of those) crazy girls by Paramore and Long Live & Roll by Daughtry. Then Brett stepped in. We dance for a while. Then the Dj started talking.

"Okay this dedication is from a person named Peter. And he didn't give me a name of who he is dedicating it to. But he said their favorite artist is Gavin DeGraw and they will know who they are, so here you go!" (( play the video))

Then the song playing was Jealous Guy by Gavin DeGraw. Oh shit. "Jay I'll be back" Brett said in my ear, and I nodded.

I began to lose control. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean to make you cry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm just a jealous guy.

Then I felt hands on my hips. Swaying me back and forth to the song. After about a minute, I was twirled and back. Then lips were on mine. There was something about this kiss that felt familiar. The kiss ended and I saw a guy in a tux and mask. "Pete?" "Hi" he caressed my cheek. I close my eyes, leaning my head over. Then I walked away with tears in my eyes. I went into the nearest classroom and shut the door. Thank God I didn't wear any mascara. I hear the door open and freeze. "Hello Jay" "I turn around and see Salvatore. "Remember me?" He said.

He walks back to the door and shuts it. "You look very pretty tonight Jay." He smiles.

"Go suck your own dick" I say. "Or you can suck it for me" he starts to walk towards me and i move side ways. Eventually I'm backed up against a wall. "I've missed you Jay. By the way this hair is hot on you"

"Go to hell" he puts his hand on my hip. "I'll see you down there" I try to push him off but he puts my arms above my head with one hand. He whispers in my ear "Your in high heels and a long dress, you have no chance of winning or running" he moves my dress and I struggle to get out of his grip. "Hel-" he puts his hand over my mouth. He throws me on the floor. I try to scream but it's muffled and I'm sure nobody heard. He starts kissing my neck. I feel his hands go under an touch my underwear. I scream again, even though my mouth is covered. Not again. Not again. My underwear gets pulled down and I just close my eyes and turn my head.

But before he could do it, he was pulled off of me. I open my eyes and see Salvatore. Pulling my underwear up and getting up, I see it's Pete that punched him. Still punching. Salvatore pushes Pete and gets on top of him. Punching him, over and over. I try to pull Sal off of him but he smacks me with his hand and i fall. Then Pete punches him again and again. "Pete stop!" But he keeps punching him. Until his eyes are barely open. But he can still breathe. He grabs Salvatore by his jacket, pulling him up to his face. "The next time I see you Anywhere near her. Or even look at her. I will kill you. That's a promise." He throws him back on the ground. He grabs my hand and pulls me with him.

"Pete, let me go" he keeps pulling me. I stop moving and pull my hand back. "I have to go back" "Are you serious? You're going back to the dance?" "No, I'm going back to my date" My eyes water and I move closer to him. I lose control of my tears.

I kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you" I start walking away. "Jay?" "Jay!"

Eventually his voice fades and I can't hear him as I keep walking. Even though I regret it, I keep going.

Song for chapter: Jealous Guy by Gavin DeGraw