Silence Speaks Louder Than Words

Jay's POV

Its been almost two weeks and i've hardly seen or talked to Pete. I've barely seen him once since last Monday and that was the one time he was actually home in that whole week. We didn't even go to the dinner his mom invited us too last Friday. I walk into the prison we call high school and went straight to my locker. I got here 5 minutes early so I could meet up with Pete. Grabbing my things and shutting my locker, I bump into someone and they grab my arms. Of course. This bitch keeps showing up everywhere.

"Jay" he smirked. Looking around, I remember no one else is in the hallway, he could hurt me right here, right now and no one could know. I move my arms away from his tight grip. "Don't ever touch me again" I grab my books from the floor and start walking . "You think switching out of my class is going to get you away from me Jay?" I continue to walk away. "Face it Jay. I'm everywhere"
Yeah. No fucking kidding.

I walk to the health room and open the door. Oh Hell no! I will rip that bitches hands clear off her arms. Fury clouded my vision as I saw, Ms. Morgera pawning at MY boyfriends chest with her filthy hands. Pete was backed up against his desk looking shocked. Their eyes flew to the doorway as I slammed the door shut behind me. "Interrupting something?" I hissed pointedly at Ms. Slut, trying to mask my anger so I don't cause suspicion. "Uh, no not at all, i was just leaving" she said looking flushed and slightly pissed off by being interrupted. She went out the door and left it open. I looked at Pete and Went to my desk. "Jay-" he was cut off by the bell and I could hear the kids coming in all the way from the health room.

Then people started coming into room and Pete sat back down on his desk. "Hey you Okay?" Looking right I saw Brett next to me. "Yeah I'm cool" "You don't look cool" "Oh Thanks!" I said in a sarcastic tone. "You know what I mean" "I'm fine Brett, But thank you for asking" "No problem" he smiled at me. That smile will be the death of me. "So you still with your boyfriend?" "Can we not talk about him?" Sorry, but I really don't want to talk about the guy I just saw with another woman practically attached to his body.

"Uh oh, trouble in paradise?" "You could say that" "Okay well how about I take your mind off it? Let me take you out this weekend" he turns to look at me. "I'm still with him you know" "I know, but it's not like it's a date" he says with a smirk on his face. For a minute, I think. "Let me think about it Okay?" He nods. "Fair enough" he smiles at me again and grabs his books out of his bag. "Boyfriend?" Jules' whispers in my ear from behind me. "You don't know him" Nobody needs to know about Pete. She needs to think that we are still broken up. I can't trust anyone. Even if they are my best friend.

After school, Mark and I meet at Dunkin Donuts. Mark orders us both French Vanilla iced coffees. "So how's everything going?" "Well let's see, my dad is always up my ass, I haven't heard from any of the colleges I applied too, and I found some woman, attached to my boyfriend this Morning, you?" "My girlfriend is getting on my nerves, and my dad is up my ass too" "What's going on with Alaric?" "Some of it, about college, and the rest I am pretty sure is about me accusing him of cheating again" "Wh-Why do you think he's cheating? "It's like it was when he cheated before, sometimes doesn't come home until late, it seems like he's not into my Mom anymore. But Hey, maybe he's not cheating but he's definitely thinking about someone else"

Oh God.

"Anyway did you say that Pete was with another woman?" "I found another teacher practically trying to jump his bones, and we haven't talked in two weeks."

"Maybe he's on his period" Mark said. I laughed. "Yeah maybe". "So Why is Alaric up your ass about college?" "I got this football scholarship" "That's great!" "Yeah, but he wants me to go and I don't want to. Football is his dream for me, not mine" "What is your dream?" He leans on the table. "I want to own a record label. I wanna change peoples lives like the music that changed mine" "That's some dream." "Yeah, apparently not enough for my dad though"