Friends

Jay's POV

It was now Saturday afternoon. I've been avoiding Pete for the last few days. Haven't talked to him in class. Haven't been over his house. He's texted me, but I haven't responded.

I got up and put on some tights, a tank top and hoodie, and some tennis shoes. Need to clear my mind. I put my headphones in my ears and started playing 'Toes' by LIGHTS. I went for a run. I ran. And ran. And ran. And ran. I ran until it would be too much for run anymore.

Breathing heavily, I stop at the park with my hands on my knees. I notice someone familiar. Mark. Pete's brother. Sitting on the bench. I walked towards him. "Hey" "Well if it isn't the girl, my brother hasn't heard from" I laughed. "Okay I deserve that" I sat down. "How much does he talk to you about us anyway?" "Considering, i'm the only who knows how old you really are, and he knows i won't tell anyone?" He put his hands on his chin as if he was thinking.

"Hmmm a lot" he said. But he's not the only one who knows how old I really am. Alaric knows. "I even know about the babies" My body froze right after those words came out his mouth. I haven't really talked about the babies. "How you holding up about that?" "Um, i'd rather not talk about it" "Have you talked about it?" I nodded negative. Not even Pete.

"Well you're gonna have to eventually" "Well it's not gonna be now" i said in a tone that told him to stop. "Okay" he said. "So my parents seemed to like you" "Really?" "Yea especially my dad since he grabbed your ass" he said raising his eyebrows. "You saw that?" "Yea I saw, but my dad once cheated on my mom, so it's not a surprise"

"Just as long as he doesn't do it again. Then he gets a punch in the face. My dad will not touch my friends like that" "Friend?" "Yeah, Friends"((A/N: *starts singing 'friends' theme song*)) he smiled. I smiled back.

"So since it's our first day being friends, we should do something today" "Like what?" "I don't know, a diner, pool. You pick" "Okay" "But first, you're gonna have to change, because you are sweating way too much for me" "Thanks" I said sarcastically "No problem" "Alright I'm gonna go home and change" "I have my car, I'll drive you" he said getting up.

We got into his car. He drove to house and I invited him in. Marisol and Ryan weren't home but Lisa was. "Who's this?" Lisa said when we walked in. "Lisa, Mark, Mark, Lisa" We went upstairs to my room. "You can watch Tv in here. I'm gonna go take a shower and change" He sat in the bean bag chair.

Out my closet I grabbed, underwear, a bra, a black v neck short sleeve shirt, and floral jeans. I got into the shower, and changed in the bathroom. I used the blow dryer to dry my hair and put it up in a ponytail. I went back into the room.

"Do you know how long you took?" Mark said. "Girls need like way more time than you guys do okay?" I said laughing. I found my combat boots and put them on. I grabbed my makeup case. Looking in the mirror, I started applying eyeliner.

"You don't need that you know?" "Need what?" I turned around and looked at him, while he was switching through channels. "Makeup. You're just as pretty without it" I smiled at him. I turned back around. "Thanks Mark" "No problem" I finshed putting on my eyeliner and some black eyeshadow. We got back into the car. "So i have an idea" "What?" Mark said as he started the car. "Go-Karting" "Really" "Yea" "You Sure about this?" He started driving. "Why? Afraid you're gonna get beat by a girl?" "No, Just wondering if you can handle all this" he chuckled. "I'm sure i can handle it" i said smiling.

We stopped at a red light and Mark pulled out his phone and started texting. "Excuse You. This is illegal" i yelled and took the phone from him. "You're not my mom" He yelled back and started laughing. He reached for the phone. I put it under my butt. He gasped and put his hand up to his chest as if he was hurt.

"How dare you" he while poking his bottom lip out, pouting. "You'll get the phone back when we get there" "Fine" he started to drive again as the light turned green.
Then we went go-karting.

As we got into the cars. The guy says we can go. I start driving immediately. It's so cold. I probably should have brung gloves. Mark goes past me. I speed up to catch up to him. I bumped the side of his car. "Cheater!" He yelled. I laughed.

After go-karting we went to a diner. We sat down and a lady took our order. "Can I have a hamburger and fries please?" Mark said. "I'll have the same but with a water" "Alright be back soon" she smiled and left. "How about twenty questions?" Mark said. "You first" "Okay uuh?"

"Favorite show?" "Easy, Orange is the new black" It was my turn. "Favorite Song?" "Soldier by Gavin Degraw" "Really? Thats my favorite song, Next question" "Okay, Why are you avoiding Pete?" My eyes widened.

"You get straight to the point don't ya?" "Jay I'm only looking out for my brother. You're my friend but he's my brother" "I can't tell you" He can't know about Alaric. He just can't. "Well you don't have to tell me, You can tell him" he pointed his finger. I turned around and saw Pete walking in.

"What the hell?" "Yea i may or may not have texted him" "Are you serious right now?" "Very" he raised his eyebrows and smirked.

Pete walked up to us. He looked down at me. "Hey" he said. "Hi" "Okay well this is awkward so, I'm gonna go" Mark said and got up. "Do you want me outside?" He said to me. "I'll take her home" Pete had decided for me before I could even open my mouth.

"Okay bye big brother" "bye" Pete said while looking at me. He move into the Booth in front of me. "You've been avoiding me" "I have" "may I ask Why?" "You can ask but that doesn't mean I'm gonna tell. Just know it's because I love you" "You're avoiding me because you love me?"

"No, I'm not telling you the reason i'm avoiding you because I love you" "Jay" he grabbed my hand. "What's going on?" "I-um" I stuttered. I can't do this. I won't do this. "Pete, i'll stop avoiding you, but I can't tell you" "Babe just tell me" I got up and walked out of the diner. I started walking.

As I was walking it started raining. The rain poured, harder, and harder. A car pulled up next to me. "Jay get in!" Pete yelled. "I can't!" "Jay it's pouring. Get in the goddamn car!" I nodded negative.

"Get in!" I just kept walking. "Fine!" I kept walking. The car stopped moving. Pete got out of the car and opened the door om the other side. Pete picked me up and put me over his shoulder. "Put me down" He did exactly that. Except i was now in his car.

He shut the door and got back in. He started driving. "Babe, i love you, okay?, i do, so if you don't want to tell me, I understand" "Seriously?" "No, but you'll tell me when you're ready" "I love you too" "I know" he turned his head and smiled at me.